Duck Lake and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue nodded again, Thorn's reassurance allowing her to entertain the idea of what he offered. Although the rank was not the most appealing part of the offer, she would certainly take it. Securing a respectable spot for herself initially was important, as she was unlikely to see much success attempting to fight her way to the top. Thorn, on the other paw-- judging from the brawny look of him-- would not suffer in a joiner's rank for long. 

Rue did have to marvel at the man's willingness to make the sacrifice, even if it would turn out to be a relatively small one. Perhaps these Diaspora wolves were kindred spirits, prizing relational bonds and the success of the whole pack over the prospect of personal advancement. It was certainly refreshing to hear, and admittedly.. intriguing. 

"Tell me more of Diaspora," Rue asked, voice a little quieter. It had affected her, knowing the price Thorn was willing to pay to secure Rue's allegiance. "The wolves here are..." After a quick glance around, and Rue allowed her sentence to die out before she finished it. Despite her dissatisfaction with life in Swiftcurrent Creek, she could not bring herself to speak ill of the wolves who fed and sheltered her. She shook her head and began her sentence anew. "I'm looking for more than a rank," she explained. "I want a home, and a place, and.. wolves I can call my family." She met the man's gaze with a searching look.
Messages In This Thread
and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 11:42 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 09:40 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 27, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 27, 2019, 10:58 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 08:02 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 09:56 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 12:02 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 28, 2019, 10:06 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 28, 2019, 11:50 PM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Thorn - January 29, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: and every day i'd save a quarter of my pay - by Ruenna - January 30, 2019, 10:26 AM