Arrow Lake shine on
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Mahler's description of his conversation with Durnehviir left a sour taste in the pacifistic girl's mouth. Rue swallowed hard and glanced away, attempting to mask the disgust she knew would be burning in her eyes. Durnehviir no longer led in the Creek, and Rue could certainly see why. What wolf would follow a woman who expected gratitude from her subordinates for restraining herself from murdering children? Such an attitude was beyond Rue's comprehension. 

Mahler gestured for the pair to move down toward the lake to continue the conversation, and Rue was glad to oblige. Perhaps the act of walking would help Rue leave her bitterness behind, just as she had left the wolves of Swiftcurrent Creek behind. Mahler's disclosure had strengthened Rue's certainty in her choice to sever ties with those of the Creek. 

Mahler shared his own views on the matter as they walked, and Rue shook her head in agreement. One litter did not matter more than another; all wolves here were Diaspora, and all pups born here would likewise be Diaspora. "I am glad to hear that Diaspora will be expecting." Another wolf might have asked who in particular planned to conceive, but this mattered very little to Ruenna. The pups were Diaspora, and they would belong to everyone. 

"The attitude of cutthroat competition continues in Swiftcurrent Creek, I regret to report." Rue shook her head again. "The females of the Creek compete to whelp Constantine's pups, and the air is rife with tension and mistrust." It had become clear to Rue that the children of Constantine were the only children that mattered in Swiftcurrent Creek, and so this must be why his were the children that all the women wanted. How profoundly sad. 

"I was at the Creek only for a short time," Rue admitted. "I just found it impossible to build familial bonds under such conditions. It was impossible to heal from the loss of my former pack, Blacktail Deer Plateau." Rue had found Diaspora to be much more conducive to healing, thank the stars.
Messages In This Thread
shine on - by Ruenna - January 31, 2019, 06:21 PM
RE: shine on - by Mahler - January 31, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: shine on - by Ruenna - January 31, 2019, 10:11 PM
RE: shine on - by Mahler - February 02, 2019, 12:10 PM
RE: shine on - by Ruenna - February 03, 2019, 12:54 PM
RE: shine on - by Mahler - February 04, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: shine on - by Ruenna - February 04, 2019, 08:49 PM
RE: shine on - by Mahler - February 07, 2019, 01:26 PM
RE: shine on - by Ruenna - February 16, 2019, 10:00 AM
RE: shine on - by Mahler - February 17, 2019, 04:15 PM
RE: shine on - by Ruenna - February 17, 2019, 05:24 PM