Stone Circle I have nothing left to prove, 'cause I have nothing left to lose
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He sat in quiet solitude. For how long, he didn't care to count - but the sun fell into the horizon, and the lands sank to shadow, and sometime within the night, his mother drew near, following that trail of stones as though the path had been made for her.

Merrit passed her a tired glance, and his eyes lingered on her swollen belly before he dropped his gaze back to the broken pillar. She carried Greyback's children now, and in that moment, Merrit was very aware these were the unborn lives which had driven his sister away. And he was very aware that he should feel angry, embittered, enraged, but instead his heart fell to something numb and undecided, as though he had the option to choose. These were his mother's children, too; they were his brothers, and sisters - and like Keen, he had a choice to make.

Mother said nothing; she just sat, and joined him there, but he did not find this uncomfortable, and against his better wisdom, he did not drive her away; he wanted her there - he needed her there.

Finally, he spoke.

"I found Keen," he said quietly, and shifted his weight, but did not take his eyes from the stone, "I found her at the festival, at Elysium, and I told her about you and Greyback. She's - " and on this his level voice hitched, and even though he cleared his throat, he still strained to finish, "Keen's not coming back."
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
RE: I have nothing left to prove, 'cause I have nothing left to lose - by Merrit - March 13, 2019, 04:06 PM