Hushed Willows girl in new york
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
When her brother recounted the ordeal, the druid found herself transported back to another time; a younger time, a more innocent time. Actually, that particular moment had been pretty frightening, even though Olive hadn’t been adventuring away with her brothers at the time. Instead, she had been her father’s dutiful pupil, and in the midst of a lesson, came running when they heard the young boys cry — even though Calder never admitted it. Their father, wise and fierce, scared away the fox before it had a chance to harm either boy.

Although, when Cortez spoke of loving attention after having finally receiving it, Olive could see right through the veil of laughter that attempted to obscure his… sorrow? wistfulness? Perhaps it was their shared Shakti blood that allowed her to scry such things from his communication, as Cortex was an actor and storyteller and entertainer and skilled at hiding such things. However, in all honesty, Olive did not truly know the minute details of her brother’s relationship — she only knew that they were ultraclose as children, had stayed together all their life, and now Cortez had made the decision to leave; to soul search. 

“That must have been hard with Calder as your twin,” she acknowledged. Perhaps he didn’t want to talk about Calder, especially since Olive was the one who had brought him up, but Olive did have some unanswered questions and, well… maybe this was the time. “I miss him, but I hadn’t seen him in… years…” she thought to herself, ears flicking back along her head as she pondered. Then, with words dancing on the tip of her tongue, she turned to Cortez and inquired  “What did he grow to be like? Did he stay true to himself, like you did?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
girl in new york - by Olive - March 23, 2019, 10:31 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - March 23, 2019, 11:20 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - March 31, 2019, 02:30 AM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - April 02, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - April 21, 2019, 08:28 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - May 02, 2019, 12:35 AM
RE: girl in new york - by Olive - May 13, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: girl in new york - by Cortez - June 01, 2019, 09:01 PM