Stone Circle This is just a dream. But very clever people can hear dreams. So please just listen.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook tried to keep close to Siarut's side as they travelled through the Wilds, but when the terrain grew more and more familiar and the air swelled thick with the distinct scent of her sister's claim, she found her excitement too hard to contain. She hadn't seen Valette in a long, long time, and the joy she felt at the idea of seeing her again made her realize just how much she had actually missed her. She spent the majority of the travel staying one kick ahead of Siarut, and at times, rounding back to look at him with a visible eagerness alight in her eyes.

The only thing that slowed her were the waves of emotion that spilled off the ice bear. The warrior was well aware of her lover's? friend's instability, his anxiety, his fear. There was little he could do to hide these things from her, and though she tried to treat him as the Siarut she had always known, Nanook couldn't lie to herself; the tragedies of the cave-in and the blizzard had changed him in ways she couldn't fix. Ways they would have to work through, but they would work through them together.

If he had been stronger, she might have suggested they seek out a territory to claim as their own, just as her mother, father, and siblings had done before her, but Nanook knew Siarut was in no mind to establish a pack again, not yet. And staying as rogues wasn't an option she was willing to consider. Though she could help him heal to a point, she knew there was a danger of letting herself become his crutch. He needed the support of a family, and she knew just where to turn: Easthollow, the ones who had been instrumental in healing her.

She lit the air with a howl, a beckon for @Valette to come, and when Nanook felt the ice bear's wary gaze rest upon her, she dropped her head and turned to meet him with a warm yet silent strength; she reached out, and touched his cheek with a gentle nudge to reassure him that this would be okay.

... even though she knew - positively knew - that Valette would totally hone into the singular fact she was with a boy, and would definitely probably absolutely make this weird.

Sisters.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better