Stone Circle everywhere i turned, the doors were closed
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
joined swiftly by marten, indra gave him a gentle nudge with her cheek. he looked determined -- she followed his gaze to the distant stones, smiling as he promised he would do something if they got turned away. he was still so full of hope, so unsapped by life's injustices; indra wished she could be more like him.

her hopes had long faded, and marten was the beacon of slim light that cut through her darkest thoughts. she was just about to respond when her ears involuntarily pricked; there was a wolf approaching.

indra stood at attention, her appearance neatly submissive. from the cover a long-striding form appeared, the dusk-backed form of easthollow's matron. sparing a dip of her muzzle in subservience, indra cleared her throat and begun. "valette," the redleaf started, feeling so out of place at easthollow's borders. "do you have room here?" she was never a wolf to beat around the bush, and even now her voice carried an ounce of strain to it that suggested they had endured hardship. "we need somewhere safe. laurel.." glancing to marten and back to valette, indra's features appeared wearied. "laurel is pregnant. we went to the hollow, and they had no room for a wolf in her condition. everywhere else has turned us away."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: everywhere i turned, the doors were closed - by Indra - May 11, 2019, 05:44 PM