Stone Circle everywhere i turned, the doors were closed
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra fell to her usual solemn silence after she finished, watching valette for any sign of doubt or trouble. marten was eager to prove his worth, bless him -- mentioning quickly he was more than able to contribute. indra silently supported his statement with a quick nod; he had fed them many times in their trip, and was by no means dead weight.

she noticed the surprise on valette's features, and frankly was in disbelief herself when valette accepted them. her gaze lifted, and she sucked in a quiet breath that had been held this entire time -- had she just heard right, that they were welcome here?

a flush of gratitude ran the course of indra's features -- there was finally an end to their road in sight. keeping her head low in immense indebtedness, indra looked to the forest beyond, her voice a pressed murmur of gratefulness. "you have no idea how good that is to hear." glancing to marten, indra straightened herself up carefully, preparing to leave to fetch laurel. "thank you -- i mean it. i will go and get laurel; because we were turned away, we split up to cover more ground."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: everywhere i turned, the doors were closed - by Indra - May 12, 2019, 04:07 PM