Sun Mote Copse bring me the biggest, baddest one
"The gods are shining on us."
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
There was only one thing that Dorminos was really, truly insecure about: his clumsiness. It had been a problem that he'd dealt with his entire life, being a particularly large and awkward being, but it only seemed to worsen come adulthood. That is why the occasional fall was to be expected, namely the one taken this very morning.

He'd just come back from a small hunt just beyond the territory. The limp body of a large vole was clenched between his jaws, bottom half bouncing with each step that Dorm took. He was so focused on keeping the carcass inhismouthandnotontheground that he didn't notice the large rock right in the middle of his path. Oof! he called out and his body tumbled forward, paw and ankle getting caught on the way.

Dorminos sat up and collected himself after a moment of dazed confusion. He moved to cradle his paw against his chest but winced, having realized just how much pain it would put him in. Dammit, Dorm, he cursed quietly, Look at this.
Spanish
English
[Image: tumblr_p6sk08h1G61x3wngbo1_540.gif]
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
There was.... a new guy in the woods.  So of course, in true Maia fashion, she had to check him out.  Unfortunately for him, that checking out started just as soon as he biffed it... hard.  Ow, yikes.  She gave a sympathetic hiss as she watched him react, and even though she tried not to laugh as she approached, she did not succeed.  Not well at least.

Ouchhhh.  Rock vs paw, the reckoning.  You okay? Oh man she was cracking a smile.  Sorry that's so not cool but just... usually it was her who was tripping over her paws and gettin flustered and seein someone else do it was super funny.  Super concerning because, like, she hoped he was fine.  But also... c'mon.  Funny.
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The initial sting of embarrassment from being caught did not take pity on poor Dorm. His brows furrowed with discontent as the snickering she-wolf appeared, though he was quick to crack a smile of his own. It really was pretty funny. I’m...no, not really, he laughed, but my pride is hurting a lot more than this paw right now. In truth, Dorm had given up his tough guy act a long time ago, but it never hurt to crack a joke. 

Wanting to scrape up whatever remained of his intimidatingly masculine energy, Dorminos scrambled sloppily up onto his paws, still holding his injured ankle to his chest. You wouldn’t know how to help, would you? He was sure that it was nothing more than a little ache, but he’d never turn down the chance to spend time with a pretty girl.
Spanish
English
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Um, with the pride or the paw? She asked, and it was only half a joke.  Because probably neither.  Laughing maybe for the pride thing, since it's way better to laugh with than be laughed at.  She took a moment, then realized what that sounded like and backpedalled here.

Um, not that I'd laugh at you!! I just... don't know anything about healing.  Sorry!  I'm Maia. She smiled a little awkwardly, tail swinging idly (nervously) behind.  This was a kinda sad first impression she was making, wasn't it? Wowza.
12 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Although the thought of being laughed at did momentarily damper Dorminos's mood, he was quick to bounce back. I think you were laughing at me, actually, he retorted with a knowing lift of his brow, but I don't mind. I'm Dorm. It was pretty unfortunate that neither of them knew the slightest bit about caregiving (giving care?) since the pain in his ankle was beginning to radiate.

Maybe if I do this, he said to himself as he slowly pressed his paw to the earth. Each movement called for a raise in volume of his hiss, going from ₛₛₛₛₛ to SSSSS, until he finally caught on to the fact that nope, it wasn't happening. Any ideas?
Spanish
English
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She'd already kinda said she didn't have any, or know anything, so when he asked again she shook her head.  Nope.  She tried to sound properly sympathetic, but also, he should probably find like a healer or something.  That way she didn't have to keep thinking about what Wraen had said about storytelling being a less useful trade.

I think Eljay's a healer, you should go ask him.  He lives that way.  She pointed the direction.  She felt like she should probably say something else but she didn't... really know.  She couldn't help and he seemed to really need it, so probably best she didn't like waste his time or anything.