Blackfeather Woods I felt your shadow on the way home.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He hurried to push against the earth when she rebuked him, scrambling back to a seated position, although it was unstable. He almost faltered and fell back to earth again when she continued to shout; his ears fanning back, front, back again, slick. His breathing was faster now; rapid from a growing anxiety, frightened almost that Maegi was going to follow through - or up and leave him, as he could not speak, could not give her what she demanded. Mou hadn't been able to speak for a while now and he'd never felt the pressure of his unwanted silence as much as he did right this second. He whined - or, tried to - but it came out as a wheeze through a frown.

Then he was on his paws properly, standing, stilted. He shook all over and bowed, thrusting his forelimbs forward as if in a yoga pose, ducking his head so the black band could be seen properly against the backdrop of white fur. He lurched to the earth on his belly and kicked at the ornament with a hind foot, letting it spiral even though the shifting band pulled at his coat uncomfortably. Look at this! Look! He was trying to show her -- this bizarre thing he had woken up with, this noose. It strangled him more than his silence.

This is why! The black demon shape, the shadow, it had come for him and left him marked with this!
I ran to keep you safe! He wished so desperately that he could say, that he could explain. His one eye was pleading as he looked at Maegi now, his body stilling, breathing ragged.
Messages In This Thread
I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 15, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 07:37 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 07:50 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 16, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 17, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 27, 2019, 06:09 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 27, 2019, 06:46 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - October 30, 2019, 09:12 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - November 05, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: I felt your shadow on the way home. - by Maegi - November 07, 2019, 09:03 AM