Swiftcurrent Creek i used to be nice, soft and tender
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The stranger must have been away for a while, and only arrived quite recently, if they had not noticed the tumult of the past few months. It struck Ibis that there might have been a safe harbor somewhere after all, somewhere away from the quaking earth and the dangers that had arisen because of it. Her heart swelled, thinking of her absent brother - there was hope for his survival, still. As the girl opened her mouth to answer the question, the woman went on to speak further - the topic of which was grim, and made Ibis clam up instantly. She was not known for joking about death; until the cataclysm of this passed autumn she would not have thought of it at all, but... Ibis had lost too many in too short a time, now it seemed to dominate every moment.

To have someone as esteemed as this elder speaking in such a glib manner felt wrong, especially in the ruins of this land. Ibis would not speak against her though; it was not her place to correct anyone, so she stayed her tongue for a moment. The woman did not sound interested in settling anywhere and the girl could accept that; perhaps it was for the better.

For now I am a nomad, but if I find a place that seems well-fit, perhaps I will settle. The ghost elucidated; Ibis considered offering the marsh, but a selfish side of her (one which had been growing stronger as of late) kept her silent. She did not want to face the inevitable death of this fine woman, no matter how obvious it might have been. It was not fair to anyone of the marsh to put them through it either.

As for the past residents - This used to be home to a pack called Swiftcurrent. They might have dispersed earlier, I am not sure when exactly, but... The whole region has been unstable throughout autumn. The ground has been shaking, trees have been unmoored, it seems from my brief visit -- maybe parts of the mountains have collapsed. She motions with a flick of her thin snout towards the piles of rubble to confirm her suspicion, but it sounds too far-fetched for Ibis; how could a mountain crumble? But she remembered trying to cross the range before and nearly falling off the edge when things began to shake. It had been terrifying.

When I last visited I spoke to a... pausing to think back, Ibis squints and looks skyward briefly and then remembers the name, Rosalie! Does that sound familiar? She glances to the woman next, half expecting her to recognize the name but finding herself full of doubt, too.
Messages In This Thread
i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 08, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 08, 2019, 11:25 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 08, 2019, 11:59 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 09, 2019, 12:11 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 09, 2019, 12:53 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 09, 2019, 01:17 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 09, 2019, 01:42 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 04:08 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 06:02 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 08:46 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 08:57 PM