Swiftcurrent Creek i used to be nice, soft and tender
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The concept of mother nature was new to Ibis to some extent, as she couldn't recall if anyone had ever used such a term for the forces at work in the world. But she understood and nodded, her face becoming more grim. Unfortunately, it seemed that way. The shaking started just after summer and got quite bad until recently, so you are very lucky to have made it this far unscathed. Her intent was not to frighten the woman but it was hard not to let that edge of worry work upon her tone. I'm lucky too, I suppose... My father's family lives over at Lost Creek Hollow and aside from the continued famine, they seem to be doing alright. My mother's people did not fare so well, Ibis didn't want to launch in to an entire diatribe about her separated parents or the losses she'd endured, but it felt right to at least use her experience to inform the pale woman. My mother lived on a willow ridge - called Elysium - but the last I visited, the place was abandoned just like this one.

It was why the woman's struggle felt so raw to Ibis, so real. Why she could empathize so strongly. Losing one's home and family was a disastrous thing that Ibis would not wish on anyone, ever. It hurt too much to consider all the possibilities; she often had to remind herself to think positively. Seabreeze was out there somewhere, alive and well, with her beloved Olive. The weight of Ibis' loss played within her words, but she sighed, shook her head as if to rid herself of the plague of thoughts, and focused on brighter themes thereafter: The woman had said she didn't recognize Rosalie's name so maybe her pack had existed before, and made Ibis think aloud, You could try visiting Lost Creek Hollow, maybe someone living there has an idea of what happened to your family?

It was a stretch - but better than nothing.
Messages In This Thread
i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 08, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 08, 2019, 11:25 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 08, 2019, 11:59 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 09, 2019, 12:11 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 09, 2019, 12:53 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 09, 2019, 01:17 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 09, 2019, 01:42 AM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 04:08 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 06:02 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by RIP Star - November 10, 2019, 08:46 PM
RE: i used to be nice, soft and tender - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019, 08:57 PM