Emberwood I realize your laugh is the best sound.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He sure had a lot on his mind, and when prompted, went right for it! Ibis listened patiently as he outlined various thoughts; they ranged from such things as the ranks to the borders, then the territory itself, alliances, it seemed as if everything he'd been contemplating since joining the group was coming out at once. It was a little overwhelming. Especially when one considers how little Ibis really thinks about the pack and its inner workings—her primary drive was to survive the winter and reunite with her brother, and the creation of an entire pack to help with that had sort-of come about naturally. She had no desire to rule them, and hadn't even realized that most of the wolves considered her the leader of this venture.

It was useful to listen to Awol, then. He was dedicated to the pack already and very attentive to the people that had gathered, so it was like listening to a distillation of all the questions floating around within the pack.

Ibis would do her best to answer, but she focused on the last bit first, since that seemed like the easiest way to go about it. He'd mentioned sub-territories and she shrugged a little. I'm sure whatever landmarks we find in the woods will be made known as we explore it. If you're determined to map out the territory you will, no doubt, find something interesting here. It is a beautiful place.

There are so many bodies among us now—I think our patrols will be alright without any sort of rigidity. I don't want to force people in to anything. If they want to hunt outside of the woods or go roaming in the valley, I will not stop them. If people grow tired of the woods and leave us for other places, that is okay too—it is up to them, not me. She did not want anyone to feel beholden to the group, and Ibis would never think to punish anyone if they left for an extended period either. It just didn't make sense.

Finally, on the topic of scouting, she smiled and paused her walk. I was hoping you would ask for a scouting mission. I have one in mind, if you would like to hear about it? Here she silenced again, waiting to hear what he had to say. The topic of the pack's ranks was still brewing within her mind; Ibis had not spent much time thinking about them before and presumed things would slide in to place naturally, but it seemed as if Awol hoped for more direction.
Messages In This Thread
I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 06:24 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:00 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:20 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 07:31 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 14, 2019, 08:37 PM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 15, 2019, 06:52 AM
RE: I realize your laugh is the best sound. - by Alheis - November 17, 2019, 08:56 PM