Emberwood Danny Dyer's Chocolate Homunculus
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Private 
Still pretty jazzed after the conversation he'd had with Bhediya, Pygmalion now sought out @Ibis, his mind a-buzzing. So many possibilities! He loved her, and he was pretty sure she felt the same—just a bit shy, for now. She'd had some weird past experiences with men, so Pyg figured she would come out of her shell eventually.

He barked out the Archdruid's name, trotting merrily down the paths of the Emberwood. Part of him was a little embarrassed at what he was about to suggest, but better to get it out of the way now than when it was too late and much too awkward. There was a procedure; he knew this, being from a big family. Ask permission, first, yeah?

He grinned as he went along, teeth gleaming ivory against his alabaster face.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It was rare that anyone seek her out by name; often they'd come across Ibis by accident and have to put up with her company thereafter, and so far nobody seemed bothered by the girl's presence. It was entirely possible they were all playing in to her ego — what little there was — but Ibis didn't doubt their sincerity or friendship. What was strange, though, was when Pygmalion's call rang out for her. Calling to her, specifically. Was something wrong?

The girl pranced among the snow-capped piles of leaves, drifting, at least until that call sounded and she veered towards the source. It wasn't hard to find Pyg among the trees. He looked like he was in good spirits so any misgivings Ibis felt were washed away, and with a wagging tail she drew close to him, nuzzling his shoulder softly in greeting. Pygmalion, she murmurs, Did you need something?
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He was overjoyed when Ibis appeared sooner rather than later, and leaned into her embrace with fervency, tail wagging. Aye, I needed tae ask ye a question, he said, a little breathlessly. Pyg took a step back, heart hammering against his ribcage. Ah, the moment of truth. At least he wasn't asking Mam and Da!

Sooo. . .I'm in love wi' Bhediya, Pygmalion began, his smile growing all warm and gooey. I wanted tae seek yer permission for us t'have pups in the spring.

It was only natural, right? He had admitted his true feelings, and he knew she felt the same. She hadn't said it, but it would come. He saw it in her eyes. He had seen it from the very start. D'ye think that would be all right? he ventured, eyes wide and guileless as he stared at the young leader.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Maybe it was because she had been so busy with all of her work, but, Ibis was oblivious to any romantic connection between the frost giant and the shadow; to hear him speak of the two of them now was surprising (in a good way). His smile was positively dopey—and infected Ibis with a glee she had been missing for a while.

She must have been doing something right if these two could find love. After the quakes, the famine, and winter's growing strength... What else could she say except, Of course! We've got to work a little harder to ensure there's enough food, but I don't see any reason to say no. Have you told her how you feel? Ibis' natural girlish tendencies were suddenly burning within her again, and she wanted details, she wanted gossip—and even found herself imagining the cute bundles of love the two wolves could produce together.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Just as Ibis fed off his enthusiasm, so did he hers. He was nearly hopping in place as she gave her approval, asking about how— Aye, yeah, I told her, Pyg responded, his words spilling out nearly too quickly for his mouth. I, ah, was a little cross aboot her leaving on the trip wi'out me. . .but only because I was sae worrit, aye?

He fixed his stare intently on the Archdruid, hoping she would understand. I'd just be so shattered if anything happened to her, Ibis, Pygmalion said softly, fervently. I had tae tell her how I felt. I wanna be there tae protect her. And I want her to be the mother of my bairns.

No one else would do, and he would settle for no less. It was Bhediya or monkhood.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Hearing of his great love of Bhediya warmed her innocent little heart. It surprised her too that Bhe had never mentioned this man to her, but maybe they didn't have that kind of relationship yet. Ibis considered the dark woman as yet another mother figure; she went to her with any question she would've posed to Olive or Seabreeze, and didn't know what to think about the woman's silence on this matter—then again, they were very different in age and maybe it was just Bhediya's way, keeping personal things personal.

Still, it was charming to finally be in the presence of a love story.

That's—That's all so good Pyg! Ibis all but gasped around the accolades, I know she'll be happy here, you'll both be so happy here. Whatever happened in her past with her other kids... I think you can help her feel right again, and that's precious. Whatever you two need, let me know and I'll do my best for you. There goes her tail again..!

Ibis was overjoyed for this development, clearly.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He nodded solemnly. It seemed Ibis had also been informed of Bhediya's past. I want tae help her move past all that, aye, Pyg replied. A fresh start. His black lips were stretched impossibly wide in a smile; he didn't think he could ever stop smiling.

Thank ye, Ibis, he said warmly. Bairns in Uaine Gorsedd will be good for the spring. New life! And ye can be their honorary auntie, Pygmalion added with a wink, tail beating against his hocks. He couldn't imagine a better role model for weans than Ibis, apart from Bhediya herself.

Speaking of that. . . Will they have any cousins, then? he asked teasingly, cocking his head. Any lad ye've got yer eye on?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ohhh, just imagine how CUTE those kids were going to be! Little and white and fluffy like clouds, or maybe big like Pygmalion but with the curls of their mother? Would they be mottled like moth wings, or crisp and clean like light and shadow? Ibis was so lost in her imagination that she almost missed what Pyg was saying — cousins? Something about cousins? But neither Pygmalion or Bhediya had family here — !

OH.

It dawned on her; more like, it smacked her in the brain and made her dizzy on contact. This thought that maybe she'd have kids too, or something, and Any lad ye've got yer eye on? Suddenly she's blushing, so warm in the face that she feels the flood of endorphins and deep embarrassment in her belly, which was... New, and not entirely unpleasant.

Me? I - I... Well, pff, no. She shakes her head, but cannot help the smile that slips across her face; it isn't the usual strong grin she boasts, but something soft, shy, to be held close and hidden.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
She was visibly embarrassed at the question, and he grinned further, eyes sparkling. Aye, sure. That smile says it all, he remarked. I'll have tae meet the young man in question some day. Make sure he's good enough for our fearless leader. 

Few souls would be good enough for Ibis. If he wasn't so taken by Bhediya, Pyg would have volunteered himself for the cause. Alas. . .

Ye and Bhediya will make guid mothers, Pygmalion murmured, voice and expression morphing from jovial to solemnly warm. I'm excited for our future, even with a long winter. They would withstand it; they would survive it. And come spring, the druids would thrive.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Numerous faces flashed in her mind the longer she thought about boys and motherhood, and her face felt warmer with each passing moment. Eventually it wasn't just a whirlwind of male faces, but females too, not that Ibis knew the difference when it came to the creation of new life; that was one talk she'd not managed to receive from either of her mothers by the time she'd vanished from Elysium. As far as she knew a parent need only to love another parent, and somehow a child was born from that—that was how her two mothers had made her half-siblings, right? Sheer force of will, and love?

I'm excited for our future, even with a long winter. Pygmalion was saying, and Ibis nodded. At the very least, your own children will be well suited for the weather. If need be, we can migrate somewhere warmer if you think it'd be easier. It depends on how the winter goes and -- well, since we started autumn with such turmoil, I have been hoping that things won't get even worse. Nothing could be worse than the earth splitting wide open beneath them.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
If they get my coat, aye, he responded wryly, chuckling at the thought of Bhediya passing on her genes. As beautiful as she was. . .she deserved the warmth of a southern sun, not the hellish cold. And so did any of her children that took after her. It's fine if we play it by ear. Nobody kens what might change between now and then.

Perhaps everything, everything, except his love. His love, and the children they would create.

Pygmalion smiled warmly at Ibis. I thank ye once more, Archdruid, he said formally, addressing her by her title for once. We'll make ye some fine young wolves for Uaine Gorsedd. And speaking of the good of the pack. . . Up for a hunt? Pyg asked, eyes sparkling.

Fade out here?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Her mind buzzed; she couldn't stop imagining those cute bundles of love, and Ibis became glassy-eyed despite the smile on her face. The fact that she had facilitated all of this - from finding Bhediya and Pyg, to building a home of the woods, and now they would be creating a family together - it was romantic! More than that, Ibis felt responsible and selfishly pleased with her involvement.

The mention of food changed the mental tangent rolling through her mind; she nodded and happily pranced alongside the northerner. Of course! And away they went.