Sun Mote Copse A cornucopia of goods
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
"...and I never saw that lynx again," Finley finished with a thoughtful smile while Penn looked on, bemused, "Which is probably a good thing as I don't fancy getting disembowled and forced to eat my own heart." The boy snorted appreciatively at that. He used to be inclined to doubt his mother's tales--some were simply so tall that only an idiot would believe it. The knowing smiles Elwood had shot him whenever he tried to question her had taught him that when it came to his mother, the idiots were the ones who didnt believe.

"So you're saying if I ever steal a kill from a lynx, I should find a patsy to take the fall for me?" Penn asked with a grin at the appalled look Fin shot him. "Absolutely not! I'm saying that stealing is wrong and you shouldn't do it," Fin answered, then paused before adding, "...that's fuckin' genius, though." They both laughed then.

Before they could begin to discuss just how to best set someone up in this particular scenario, Wraen's call distracted them. Penn glanced at his mother, not wanting to ask the obvious question--was Fin strong enough to come answer with him? Her call came from within the copse, but she didn't sound particularly close... Finley frowned, clearly thinking the same. But before Penn could tell her he'd go and let her know later what was up, she was setting off ahead with a familiar stubbornly determined look set upon her face. Knowing it was best not to mess with that, Penn followed in her wake.

The scene they came upon was unexpected, to say the least. Penn's mouth began to water as he looked at the feast piled upon the shore for them. Like Towhee, he wasn't one to question it. He wagged his tail happily and charged forward to nab a fish. Finley followed behind him, though more slowly. Her hip was howling from the trip across the territory. She did her best not to show it though as she greeted the others and picked out a few morsels for her own meal.
Messages In This Thread
A cornucopia of goods - by Wraen - December 21, 2019, 11:08 AM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Towhee - December 21, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Penn - December 22, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Elwood - December 23, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Eljay - December 24, 2019, 06:12 AM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Weejay - December 31, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: A cornucopia of goods - by Pippin - January 05, 2020, 06:53 AM