Emberwood [M] to tell you how i feel
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig listened silently as Kavik spoke. She felt relieved when he said she didn’t need to apologize, that she could share her emotions with him if she wanted to. She nodded, though was still thinking that having an outburst probably wasn’t the best way of going about sharing her feelings. 

’I care about you, Grezig…’

Her heart leapt in her chest.

’… but I need time… I need things to move kind of slowly. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear.’

She took a breath, nodding. The world did not revolve around her; she knew that. Kavik had just lost his family. After learning about that, there was no way Grezig was going to try and rush their relationship along. That would be cruel, and it wasn’t something she wanted. Of course he would need time. Anyone would.

She listened as he explained how his family had died. There had been earthquakes in the Teekon Wilds, something she had not learned of until now. Her brows drew together in concern. He hadn’t quite come out and said what had happened to his family, but she imagined that earthquakes in the mountains could only mean something like a landslide. Pain filled her eyes, pain for him. She had no idea what to say in the face of such devastation. “I’m sorry,” she murmured quietly, though she knew such words meant nothing compared to what he must be feeling. She had no other consolation than that, though. She scrambled in her brain for something more meaningful to say.

“My son,” she began, landing on a painful memory of her own. “Xizur. I think I told you I lost him a few weeks ago, when I met you at the border. He went missing one day and there was no trace of him anywhere. No scent trail. Nothing. I lived near the ocean, then, on the beach. He probably drowned.” She said all this calmly, for it had happened many months ago and she had come to terms with it as best she could. (She realized all of a sudden that this was probably another reason she hated the ocean, something she hadn’t pieced together until just now). Her boy had been so young when it had happened that she hadn’t really known him. But he had been her child. It still hurt. She wanted Kavik to know that she knew what it felt like to lose family, especially one’s children.
Messages In This Thread
[M] to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 06:30 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Kavik - December 28, 2019, 11:04 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 28, 2019, 11:24 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Kavik - December 29, 2019, 11:42 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 30, 2019, 01:25 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Kavik - December 30, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 30, 2019, 04:02 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Kavik - December 30, 2019, 04:49 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 30, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Kavik - December 30, 2019, 06:38 PM
RE: to tell you how i feel - by RIP Grezig - December 30, 2019, 06:48 PM