Blacktail Deer Plateau oh, say you want my love tonight
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
preferably anyone but sisters lol! want to meet some new ppl

Huā had been moping around since they'd arrived. Not exactly happy to be there, she planned on taking trips back to the beach soon. Luckily she had been able to avoid meeting the foreigners so far. Huā was strange for a pack wolf- didn't want to live in the territory, didn't want to meet packmates. She only saw this phase as a necessary safety net for the winter- only involved to keep them alive. Nothing more.

And yet she worried that Ying would form connections here and come springtime would be unwilling to uproot herself. And Mei and Huā would leave and Ying would get to attached to some place or some man and would split the three. Sure, the girl was logical and smart and practical- but sometimes she wished Ying would be a little more unpredictable, a little more whimsical, a little less logical. Maybe it would be dangerous but wouldn't it make their lifestyle easier? 

Anyway, today Huā lay among the grasses, which were not as soft as one would hope considering the present season. The little siren curled up into a little ball, just wanting to take a nap. But it seemed the condition of the ground would make falling asleep here difficult... 希望我在沙滩上...让睡眠更轻松...
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The snow made things bearable for Tuvak. He was born of northern blood and as he slowly matured in to his stout body his coat grew thick, layered for winter, and the cold slipped away from him. He was no longer the shiverring mess on the borders as Aningan had found him; still, he was a bit thin and it would take more than a couple meals of rats and squirrels to fix him. But at least he wasn't cold anymore.

But he was bored, and out of all the turmoil he had experienced, boredom was becoming the most dire consequence. Tuvak did not associate well with anyone yet (they were all older than him, and different in ways he could not yet categorize) so he mostly kept to himself. Right now he was running laps in the snow, ploughing it with his broad shoulders or lunging through the even segments of glittering perfect white - destroying it.

During one such leap-and-drag affair he caught himself on a series of hidden tree roots, but caught himself in time to avoid a dangerous tumble. As soon as he was up again he was running and diving at snow piles - except one wasn't composed of exclusively snow. He felt his paws connect to something suddenly and as he tried to withdraw, momentum carried him across the coiled body of a sleeping wolf he had failed to heed.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
i dont rlly mark language mature but like language I guess? huā is an ass X(

Her nap was disturbed. Something slammed into her with force, uncoiling her sweet circle and entirely knocking her over. What the hell? She picks herself up, first worried that it was some sort of danger or beast- but oh, oh no. There stood a pale boy, a child, clearly the one who had disturbed her rest. Not yet aware that he'd been playing, she assumed it was purposeful. Eyes narrow and fur bristles on her spine as an icy gaze looks him up and down. 

"他妈的迟钝!" She swears loudly, anger evident in her tone as seaglass eyes stare him down. Not that he would understand- but she had to get that out of her system. "What you think you're doing?" She hisses at the child, voice rich with accent. What little devils these foreign children were! Disturbing the rest of adults with malicious intent.
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The soft shape turns rigid as he tumbles over it, sprawling, but in one fluid reactionary movement the wolf spurns all contact and rises against him, chunks of snow erupting around the pair. A dizzying flurry of icy flakes careen around him as Tuvak extricates himself of the tangle.

The stranger's foreign shout feels volatile in his ears; he bares his teeth against the tone of it - recoiling further as the stranger shouts at him in stunted common tongue. He has never been yelled at for anything in his life! It is a shocking experience that does not mesh with the "alpha's son" image Tuvak clings to; he forgets that here, he is nobody, he is nothing.

I didn't do anything! He rallies defiantly and postures, ignoring the stinging of bruised tissue where they had collided. What the hell, I didn't see you! That makes it your fault, dummy.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The boy seems to shrink at her anger, but soon rises up again, defending himself rudely. Seaglass eyes glared at the boy, getting her first real good look at him. She wouldn't forget that little jerk. 

He called her a dummy and maybe to a more common wolf, the word wouldn't mean much. But Huā had only a general grasp of which common tongue swears were worse than others. To her dummy seemed an equal to asshole. Restraining her anger, she states calmly yet sharply, "You don't see me. That make it your fault! Think about this." In her perspective it was the job of a playing child to keep an eye open for the older, resting wolf. Her culture was all about filial piety- a child being rude was uncommon in the southern beaches. 

"Next time you play, keep your eye open." She huffs, frustration leaking into her voice which she tried so hard to keep calm.
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She tried to turn it back on him, the gall! How very dare she. The words were stilted again and he huffed and puffed, ignoring most of them, and raised his voice through the last bit - something about paying more attention, using his eyes, which all sounded like blame and Tuvak refused to take it.

I am not playing! I am training! Do you know what that is? Training? T-r-a-i-n-i-n-g? He enunciated slowly, although it wasn't a real question. His acerbic tone did not drop. What is wrong with your tongue? Keep it in your mouth until you know how to use it. And with that he thrust his own tongue out of his mouth and blew a raspberry at her, turned around, and resumed his pacing in the snow.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
pls let ying post b4 replying :D

Oh, no. This little asshole was gonna get it. And he was being rude to her, just because her common was bad? How close-minded of him! She failed to realize, of course, that her own mindset towards the foreigners was close-minded itself. Huā knew who could put him in place. "My tongue can say enough. Motherfucker," she hisses at him like a cat.

As he begins to play again, (which certainly didn't look like proper training to her), she throws back her rocky head into the sky and releases a call for @Ying . Ying would know how to set him straight. Huā knew she herself would only get more frustrated with his attitude. Careless as to whether they were packmates, she hoped her sisters support would help to beat down his ego.
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
ying responded to the call with her own set of short howls. it didn't take long for her to arrive on the scene, immediately noticing the boy from the border. 他做了什么? she asked, tone indicative of her premonition. 

the boy was a troublemaker. he had too much ego to fit inside of his body, so he liked to let it out with nasty remarks. you did something to my sister? she barked, any patience she would have had now gone on the wind.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He was prepared to be on his way, get back to training or whatever he had been doing (which really was more like playing but he wasn't going to let himself be belittled by some foreigner), when the stranger howled. The sound made him wince; her singing voice was better than her speaking one, but he didn't like the volume. A series of sounds came from the other side of him — far enough away that he thought he could escape in time, but his pride wouldn't let him make that attempt.

The second wolf to come along was similar enough in apperance to the first, and with the same strange language, that Tuvak immediately disliked her. The way she immediately presumed that it was Tuvak who had done wrong was irksome too, but that's what happens with family - you defend them to your last breath. Maybe if Tuvak was back among his own people he'd have learned this by now.

You did something to my sister? Spat the woman with an accusatory tone.

Tuvak huffed, postured a bit, and rhetorically said: Seriously? She's calling for help? After which he shot Hua a sharp look, and the expression didn't shift as he looked to Ying again. I was mindin' my business. She came after me!
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Like an angel, her pale fur blue eyed sister appears from nowhere, asking her what the boy did. Immediately the little jerk tried to say that Huā had come after him. The furry mermaid laughed at that very pointedly. "He lies," she spat while looking at him. She turns back to Ying, and her gaze softens. "我试图睡觉. 他打我, 他说这是我的错. 他取笑我的英语. 我试图向他解释, 他不会听."She explains, her tone gentle. A smile touches her lips for only a moment as she looks at her sister. "谢谢你的到来. 你能帮他解释一下吗? 你的英语比我的英语好." She sighs as seaglass eyes flicker back to the youth.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
they both had their own version of the story, each one earning the same attention from ying. it was difficult to discern the truth, but she knew that that's not what her sister was looking for. if it was, she would have called for mei. 

this was a call for defense, or so she'd thought. based on what hua was saying, the only service that she needed was.. translation? she says when sleep, you hit her. how she come for you while sleep? it was a genuine question and ying expected a genuine answer.

you make fun of her speech? we cannot help this. it was a low-blow, even for the lowest wolf. she turned to her sister and whispered, 你要我打他吗? 我可以打他.
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He finished his explanation, and then there came the dark-capped girl with her's, or so he suspected. But she only got a few syllables in to the ridiculous language before his jaws parted and he called out, Stop! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING? Truth be told, if he were human Tuvak would be one of those people that demands everyone speak English regardless of their origins.

His words were cut off by the conversation between the sisters, though. When Ying shot him a look he shut right up, glowering where he stood, and opened his mouth to reply - just when she remarked in the same weird language under her breath. This angered him further. If you're gonna talk to me, or about me, do it to my face! And do it normal! That was sure to get their attention; from this point he went on to explain: I was training. It wasn't my fault she chose to sleep in the middle of a snow bank!

He shot a look to the other woman around Ying's legs, scowling.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Yong stood up for her, and even offered to hit him under her breath. Huā wouldn't have had her hit him... until the boy further enraged her, cursing their use of mandarin again and blaming it on her. How could a beach wolf know that sleeping in the open was wrong? She'd slept upon the sand plenty of times. All she knew was that one should never sleep too close to the waves- lest the ocean devour them. She had to rest with her body open to the sky. It just felt right. Of course, she didn't know how to and didn't bother to explain all this to the boy. 

"We not owe you our word. We want speak our language, we speak our language." Huā tells him. It seemed he was unwilling to learn by words anyway. What little they were able to say in his language had gone over his head as he stayed stubborn. It took a whole village to raise a child, she thought, and some children could only learn by discipline. "你要打他, 你可以打他." She sighs to her sister, tired of her inability to budge his will.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
the boy's exclamation turned ying's head, a scowl knitted onto her face. you want to know? she asked, taking one step forward, i ask hua if she wants me to hit you. she looked him over to see if he would respond, hoping with all of her heart that he did.

you are so stubborn. we come from the coast, where we sleep anywhere. we don't know to not sleep here. ying turned back to her sister, tail twitching with agitation. why you always so mean? you don't want to fight but you always want to talk.
163 Posts
Ooc —
Nieve was drawn out of the deeper woods first by the howl, then by the shouting. By the time she arrived, the three wolves were bickering amongst each other, but all Nieve needed to hear was "she wants me to hit you" and she was in full oh-hell-no mode. Things had been going south with Rusalka for a long time, but regardless how gentle Nieve's nature was, she wouldn't stand for in-fighting.

She made sure to keep her head held high the way her mothers did as she stepped into the midst of the trio. She was higher ranked than all of them and needed to look the part. Looking first at Ying and Huā, Nieve asked, what's going on here? They were the older wolves here and, therefore, the ones who should be more responsible. She glanced at the surly Tuvak next, awaiting his response as well.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He wasn't going to back down even if they outright threatened him, or came after him. He was a trained warrior of Diaspora! Except, not really. His dad had died and he'd been run off the mountain during their migration by a goddamn herd of elk or bison or something (JB forgets), and aside from a few routine hunts and patrols with his mother - or a few spats with his siblings, and a fight with Praimfaya - he wasn't exactly experienced. Certainly not experienced enough versus two fully grown wolves that meant him ill.

But no, he wasn't going to back down.

They kept talking in their weird language; Tuvak didn't like the look which passed between them and felt himself stiffening with anger, his fur spiking a little down his back. He took a few steps back but didn't take his eyes off of either of them until another body arrived - this one younger than the pair, but older than him. Gold and bronze and gorgeous - with the posture to denote her high rank. 

They're assholes and they wanna fight me! His tail lashed the air behind him like an angry little whip, and he glared at the two of them.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ying stands up for her, scorning the boy for his stubbornness- for a moment. But before further arguement could take place, a golden young thing showed up, inquiring of the situation. She held her head a little too high for her age, yes- but she hadn't appeared to be disrespectful. At this point, Huā figured, any entitled youth was better than the unruly and stubborn child. 

But before she can answer the young girl's question, the boy threw out another string of angry claims, twisting the sisters' words entirely. Huā takes a deep breath before answering, trying her best to maintain a calm composure. That would help her appear more trusty and balanced, right? "That not true. When I sleep, the boy run into me. But he think it is my fault, for sleeping here. I try to scold him, but he not listen, so I call my sister to help. He think we want fight, but all we want is respect. And apology..." Her voice trails off, and seaglass eyes glance to the more socially adapted sister, wondering if she would have any words to add.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
the immediate display of obedience by hua confused the young guardian. the girl presented herself as someone of importance, despite being younger than half of the wolves present. ying understood the importance of rank, but could not in good conscience allow herself to submit before a child. 

she made an effort to hold herself higher than all of them, lifting her tail to half-staff as she stared down at the stranger. it was a challenge, one that didn't need to be verbally acknowledged for all parties to understand.

we handle our own business, ying barked, no concern to you.
163 Posts
Ooc —
Since Tuvak is inactive and Nieve wouldn't stick around just to be disrespected, she's gonna bounce!

It seemed the regard she'd shown the older pair by looking to them first despite the seeming threat was a little misplaced. While Huā seemed reasonable and made an effort to explain her side of things after Tuvak's outburst, which Nieve appreciated, Ying was positively rude. Nieve's blue eyes grew sharp on the steely she-wolf throughout her flagrant display, but the Zeta neither stood down nor rose to the bait. She didn't need to. Having been a loyal Rusalkan her entire life, she had the respect of the pack, something Ying would need to earn.

It became my concern when you threatened to hit a packmate, was the only thing she had to say about Ying's outburst. She chose to address Huā instead. He probably thinks you want to fight because you're talking about hitting him. This sounds like a misunderstanding. It might be best to c— but before she could finish and suggest that they all part ways to cool off, Tuvak stormed off with neither an apology nor any further argument. Nieve watched him go, then turned back to the pair.

Sorry, excuse me, she said, a sentiment directed mostly at Huā as she turned and left, maintaining her carefully crafted posture until she was well out of sight, where she sighed and deflated. It was truly unfortunate her sister had chosen to be belligerent, because Huā herself seemed decent, but Nieve would rather trail after the moody juvenile and try to calm his hot temper than spend time with someone who was outright rude to her.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Contrast to Huā, Ying spoke out against the second child, telling her not to be nosy. Though she still wore her poker face, a little part of Huā leapt for joy. Yingyue had been so sweet and open to the foreigners that Huāzhen had nearly wondered if she intended to leave behind her culture. But it was not that way, after all- she knew the little youth shouldn't be talking like she was so important. Respect went to the experienced and older- and the others, such as Nieve and Tuvak, would have to wait their turn. 

Of course the girl had something to say to that, about how they threatened him and blah blah blah. Huā, stubbornly, was only half listening. But then the boy storms off, and the girl excuses herself, following. Seaglass eyes flicker back to Ying. "谢谢你, 姐姐." She chirps as she strides closer, giving the slate wolf a loving lap on the cheek.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
the boy went first and the girl followed soon after. ying turned to hua, giggling as her sister licked her cheek. of course, she replied, beginning to trot away, that boy is crazy. hoping hua would follow, ying made way for her den where they could talk and rest alone.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ying declares that the boy is crazy, and Huā nods quickly with a cold-hearted laugh. She begins to leave, and Huā follows. They would chat for a while before the dark siren left, hoping to find a place to nap once again. Praying this time she wouldn't get kicked.