all ties have come undone
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
@Gunnar @Gyda @Eiríkr II I thought that they should be told what's going on by Ragnar because he's responsible for the changes, plus it was about high time he had a thread with his babies. :P

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Ragnar idled near the Huginn's Copse, a mysterious little clearing he had found while hunting, a part of the forest that seemed to have fog within it from the near constant humidity likely a creation of Odinn, though the density of the fog differed from day to day. Today, the fog that lined the copse was thin giving a fairly good level of visibility. Waiting to tell the children the extent of what was going on, of the changes that had came to their family had not been to keep them in the dark but because he needed to figure things out with their mother, first. He tried to put on a good front in the presence of the children expecting Thistle to do the same as to not upset them but the three of them were intelligent and likely they had already suspected that something was up. If the fact that Thistle had left them alone in the den until Nerian moved in (Tokio isn't sure when she would have). It was important, however, if they understood nothing else that him and his mother were not separated and that he still loved her. He only allowed another woman to share his heart and his body at the same time and that it was okay.

After a few more seconds of pacing in the copse, stirring the fog that which writhed around him, twining around his legs, he lifted his muzzle and sent out a call for his children, icy caribbean eyes settling on the trees expecting them to come to him in a prompt manner. He would do his best to explain the changes and likewise do his best to answer any questions they might have had for him while ensuring that he did it honestly and gently so they knew that this was another part of their culture and that Nerian was to be accepted into the family. Not as a second mother to them but as his second wife and the mother of their soon to be half siblings.

I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir heard his father's call and he strode forward wondering at it. He knew there was discord lately and it bothered him, especially since his mom had stayed away and this new woman came and went. He didn't like it, and he found he was angry at all of them for changing his little life. He didn't care that they had a reason or anything of the like, what he cared about were the tears he saw on his mother's face, and the woman who tried to be kind and he did like her, but she was so uncomfortable around them and then his father just stood there acting like it was all okay when it wasn't nothing was okay and no one cared not his mother, not Nerian and no his father, and it was then the small seed of rebellion began to beat in the golden boys chest. He had always done what he was told to do, always listened and didn't argue and he was still so very young, but he found he was tired of it.

He stood in front of him and stared at him for a moment then dipped his tiny muzzle. "Þú kallaðir mig föður? Hvað er það sem þú þarft? Það er of snemmt fyrir lærdóm."
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Gyda followed Gunnar closely, it having been him who helped her break her out of her shell of glume. Since then she wanted to be as close to him as she could. She didn't question Father she left Gunnar's question to encompass both of them.

Gyda bounced upon Gunnar and bit his tail gently before her practically bounced over to her father and lay herself down between his paws desiring all his attention for herself. For the most part she choose to ignore the existence of Nerian, and she had not completely understood her mother's moods her own being quiet similar she just thought Thistle was just as mad at the change as she had been. She had hated change so much that the move from on den in horizon Ridge to this one made her sulk for over a month.

Gyda had no idea that her world was yet again going to be turned upside down. Hopefully her epiphany she had would help her ease into this transition smoother then last time, but only time would tell.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
102 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry! Didn't see the tag until today!

Ein heard his father's call and arrived as soon as he could, bounding through the territory as fast as his little legs could carry him. "Halló faðir." He was not sure what his father wanted, but knew they would all knew soon enough. He had ignored the presence of the other she-wolf, simply because he didn't really notice her presence. He was out of the den as often as he could be, and so hadn't seen her very much. The fact that his mother was often gone, or was more acting different had only recently begun to have Ein worried. He didn't show it though. Greeting his father and his little brother and sister before sitting back on his haunches and waiting for whatever their father had to tell them.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It is impossible to tag Ein's name (it will always tag the original Eirikr account instead) so just send Kaitlyn a PM with the link if you'd like to tag her in a thread (just so everyone knows!). :-)

Tveir was the first to arrive, looking like he had licked something sour with that hardened disposition on his face. Ragnar knew that he, out of the three of them, was taking the changes that hardest though up until this point they hadn't been clued in on what was going on. Ragnar had considered telling them earlier but he had not wanted to say anything until it was all official. Unfortunately, for him, Thistle had begun acting different around them long before Nerian had ever seen yes which had left him with an unnecessary stretch of time in which it looked like he was keeping secrets from them. To be fair, he wasn't keeping anything from his children, simply, it took now for him to know fully what was going on to be able to inform them without assuming. “It is never too early for lessons, Tveir,” Ragnar told the second born coolly, not appreciating the way in which his son had spoken that to him. If Ragnar wanted to give them a lesson this early then by the Gods he would and they would do what he would say. “Lucky for you that is not why I called you,” Ragnar's tone implied that if he was talked to in such a manner again that he could easily change his mind. Gyda was the next to arrive, bounding right up to him before laying down between his paws. He did not ignore his daughter's presence there but he did not greet her specially, in case Tveir took it the wrong way. Ragnar was in no mood to dish out punishments to his children for disobeying and disrespecting them because they had little snits up their bums. He was not in the mood for much these days between Thistle's own sour, angry disposition towards him and the increased, outrageous amount of trespassers lately.

Ein was the last to appear and Ragnar acknowledged the eldest boy with a gruff “Sit,” and took a deep breath, silent for a few seconds as he tried to organize how he wanted to speak about this with them. “As all of you have noticed some things are changing in our little family,” There was a coy, amused twitch of his lips as he realized he would be having a similar conversation to this when Nerian became pregnant since Ragnar was pretty sure that she would go into heat before Thistle. “You all know of my Priestess, my slave Nerian, well she is now a freed woman,” Ragnar glimpsed down at the top of Gyda's head for a few seconds before his eyes touched Ein and Tveir, lingering on each child for a small measure of time. “Alongside your mother Nerian is also my wife, my second wife,” He had to make sure that the children understood that this, by far, did not mean he was replacing Thistle. “It does not mean that I have stopped loving your mother because I haven't. I will never stop loving your mother but Nerian needs me and loves me, too.” He took a breath, allowing them to ask questions before he continued on.

“You do not have to think of Nerian as a second mother. I do not expect that, neither does she. You can if you want too, but no one is making you. You will however, treat her with the same respect you treat your mother and I with. She is my wife, also. Am I understood?” He did not yet broach with them on the subject of future half siblings and siblings figuring that was a conversation for another day, unless it was brought up. “As I am sure you have also noticed she has moved into the den with us and your mother has decided she needs some space for a while and so we, all of us, are going to give it to her. She will return to our family den when she is ready but for now we will not irritate her further.” Likely, Thistle probably wouldn't have minded if the children wanted to stay with her but Ragnar was doing to be assertive and not allow it. She said she had wanted space and he intended to give it to her with the children, as well. As it was, he would not let her turn the children against him in this matter considering it was apart of their culture and if she didn't like it then perhaps she shouldn't have married him.

“We have what is called a polygamy relationship and it is an accepted practice in our culture. Having more than one wife, or husband, or a wife and a husband,” Ragnar had no problems with his children's sexuality whatever it was because it was not something that was necessarily spurned in his culture, either. At least, they didn't at Odinn's Cove. With that, he fell silent once more awaiting any questions they might have had for him.

I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir lowered his eyes, he had meant no disrespect, he had just been curious. And all of this was hard to take, especially since his mother had been so sad all the time, and it was like his father didn't care, and neither did Nerian...at least to a child that was how it seemed, by not going to his mother, to talk to her. He did not understand adults and he just wanted all grown ups to just go away at the moment or at least leave him alone.

Tveir looked at him and spoke softly"Er ekki móðir þarftu líka faðir? Nerian er hræddur við okkur þótt faðir. Hún horfir okkur fyndið þegar við spilum og hún er allt stífur, eins og við hræða hana." he sighed then and dipped his head in acceptance of his father's words. He was not trying to cause problems he just didn't understand why Nerian was scared of them, and why it mattered if Nerian needed his father when his mother did too, and so did they didn't they? But now they had to share even more of him, and they already had so little time. He wanted to growl in frustration the youth did not do well with change, he really didn't, but he would try.

Tveir looked at his father and then kept his eyes downward, his mother had told him he could come and see her whenever he wanted, they all could. She had told him to stay there too though. Mother already told us to stay with you father,and that we could visit her when we wanted. She said to mind our manners and be nice. She said it would only be a few days.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Is there a translator for the language I'm wishing I could have Gyda speak it

Not getting the extra special attention she had demanded made her sad, then Father sternly told them to sit at least she took it was to mean all of them. Glumly she rolled over and sat on her fuzzy bottom, choosing to remain between Father's paws.

Gyda stared at the ground as father spoke, all these things didn't bother her at all, she was to caught up in herself to worry about them but she did have something to say to Gunnar she peered at his from behind Ragnar's leg she understood the language perfectly but choose not to speak it I like'th funny faces she makes specially if you climb on her. She gets so worried like we'll break or somfing Gyda laughed and pawed her father leg hoping to get him to touch her.
102 Posts
Ooc —
I have been using Icelandic on the google translator... Although I am not sure how to hover translate it. Actually if someone could explain how to do the hover translate that would be awesome!

Tilting his head to the sidein curiosity, Ein wasn't sure how he felt about this new revelations. He loved his mother very much, and would not wish for her to feel left out by leaving the den. His puppish mind not understanding the emotions that Thistle Cloud may be feeling. He also hadn't noticed any strange looks from the new she-wolf, having not spent much time in her presence. "Mun ekki móðir finnst vinstri út? Hvenær mun hún koma aftur?"
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I have a link to an Old Norse dictionary I reference to sometimes in Ragnar's signature but for the most part I use Google's Icelandic translator, as well. :-)

Ragnar did not mean to lose his patience so readily with his children, especially Tveir who was simply curious. The truth was, he still wasn't very good at this 'Father' thing, and still not used to children so young in such a constant capacity despite that he'd had two months with them. Ragnar liked to think that he was improving, that it was becoming easier the more he trusted his paternal instincts. His next litter would be easier than this, and as they went on the easier it would become. “She does, and I know that and I need your mother too. It's complicated,” And something they would better understand when they were older. Right now, they were still too young and Ragnar was not the best at explaining what he was feeling. This lack of communication was probably because he was a Berserker through and through and had learned to disconnect himself from most emotions. He was not sure how to express them and when he did they did not often times across crystal clear. Still, he was trying for the sake of needing his children to understand. It was a big change but it was the best for everyone and they would have twice the amount of siblings to play with now. “Just think children, when Nerian gives birth you will have little siblings to play with and help take care of and teach.” He hoped that would entice them into the idea, figuring that at least one of them should have been excited about the prospect of playing and teaching their own half siblings.

Ragnar hadn't exactly meant it to sound as if Nerian was already pregnant because she had yet to go into heat again (something he was looking forward too with more impatience than he should have been), rather, the children were too young to get into that particular conversation and so he kept it nice and vague. “Nerian isn't used to little children yet. You must be patient with her Gyda. To be fair, I still fear I might break you.” He teased his daughter as she pawed at his leg. Instinctively, he inclined his muzzle down and raked his teeth gently through the fur of her head, tugging lightly on her ear before he looked back to the boys, his attention going to Ein when he finally spoke. “It was your mother's idea to want her space for a bit, Ein. She will not felt left out because she wants it. I do not, but we will be confident she will not be gone from us long.” Ragnar did not like being away from her for long periods of time. No one could fill the hollow hole in his heart she left except Thistle herself. Any time previously he had been parted from her for long periods of time his body felt empty of what Nerian called his soul. Despite that Ragnar had already intruded on her 'Me Time' — he couldn't help himself after all — to ask her a very important question and fulfill his manly needs not wanting her to think he had forgotten about her he deigned to give her what she wanted as much as he could.

He had taken from their marriage and now he was trying to give her what she wanted.

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
tveir did not understand and the next words cause him pause. Mother will not have children now? you got nerian for babies? it wasn't the case but as a child sometimes the simplier the better was key. he wondered how this was what everyone wanted and his mother too.

He looked at his father slightly upset well I don't like mother gone he frowned trying to convey his feeling to his father but unsure how so he grew quiet and introspective deciding not to talk until he figured out his own words and mind. After all the poor child only had the mental capacity of a 5 year old human child, simplicity at it's best while showing true colors and genius at moments of time.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Gyda true to the attention span of most kids just accepted the news and moved on, she didn't dwell upon it. She had learned sulking got her nothing but time alone, Mother was still coming to them so she didn't see any of this as a big deal.

Gyda giggled having finally gotten what she had wanted, attention doted upon her. þú gætir aldrei brjóta mig, faðir She stated solemnly in the language Ragnar had been teaching them from birth. Perhaps only using it because she wanted to gain more attention from Ragnar or perhaps she didn't want to to shown up by her brothers Gyda looked up at him from below his chin
102 Posts
Ooc —
Ein wasn't sure how he felt about this, he knew that his father still seemed to love their mother, but could you really love two people at the same time? He had no idea, his pup sized thinking capacity had no notion of love, and her probably would for many years to come. He didn't need more play-mates her had Tveir and Gyda, but maybe these smaller pups would listen to him better, and do what he said, not that was something her could look forward to. Ein was upset that mother was away, but they still saw her all the time, so she hadn't really left.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

There was a mixture of reactions from the children, Tveir seeming to be the most displeased by the changes happening. Despite that he was a child, Ragnar knew he would have to try to make Tveir see that change was unavoidable. It would happen and that he could not run around trying to avoid what was inevitable. He, too, would change. If everything stayed the same there would be no progression and no purpose to life. “No Tveir, your mother will still have my babes,” It was ...hard for Ragnar to explain. He wasn't even sure how he was in love with them at the both time which rendered all attempts at explaining it to his young children nearly impossible. He knew that this would not be easy, but he thought that it was best they be filled on what was happening and by him because it was his fault in the first place. Because his ambition did not allow him to settle for what he had already accomplished and had. More; I want more.

It was why he did not want his children to be as ambitious as him. It was why he had fought with Thistle over it. Ragnar did not want his children becoming like him, or else they would end up in the same situations as he. Their ambition would never allow them to stop, they would kill each other for women, and they would hurt the woman that they loved because they also loved another woman. It was an ugly thing ambition. He had no boundaries, no moral lines to stop him. He would give anything for more, his eye for more knowledge (had even seriously considered it on more than one occasion). Had sacrificed an infant cougar for the appeasement of the All-Father.

Ein was silent about the matter and Gyda did not seem to care either way. It hadn't gone as bad as he had initially assumed it might have, but it could have, also, gone a little better. For a long stretch of a moment Ragnar was silent wondering if his children would have anything else to inquire of him.

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar still didn’t understand, but he nodded Okay. That was all he said. He shifted from one foot to another waiting for what would come next. Would they be allowed to play or would father have lessons for them or what. And what of Nerian and his mother. He supposed though, he was young and it was no concern of his what went on with adults.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Bah!! I didn't realize we were waiting on me sorry

All three of them were very different wolves though they were born of the same mother. Gyda of a different father but that would never matter to her even if she somehow found out, The genetic donor that was her bioligical father was just that a donor that she might have to thank for her creation. eventually.... or not... Whom she would thank would be the gods, they wanted her here and she was pleased to serve them as she real father tough her too.

Her father and her Mother were her everything even if she choose to be unconcerned by whatever they were going though.

Bored now she lay down and yawned letting out a big puppy yawn/squeak and closed her eyes, perhaps if she pretended to sleep there would not be any further lessons today or maybe Father would carry her back to the den.
102 Posts
Ooc —
Ein listened intently for anything their father had to say, he had no questions, his Mother and Father were his everything, his whole world in fact, but they were grown ups and he had no say in what grown up's did. He had no complaints of his own to lessons. He would do anything his father told them to, with a happy smile on his maw. He waited patiently for any further instructions from their pillar of a father, although he was slightly distracted by the emotions of his siblings. He hoped they were to sad, and would approach them later when it was just the three of them to make sure that they were indeed fine with everything that was happening even if his pup mind didn't quite understand what was going on.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Last post from me!

It had seemed that Ragnar and children had came to some sort of impasse. He had shared with them all that he had wanted too. They seemed to have taken it well — or as well as they could have been expected to take it. He had nothing further to share with them and it seemed that, likewise, they did not seem to have anything else to ask of them. Gyda and Eirikr were silent and Gunnar said a simple 'Ok'. With all options towards conversation exhausted Ragnar drew in a deep breath. “Come,” He beckoned his children with a flick of his tail as he turned his back to them. “Let us begin today's lessons.” There was little point of putting off to later when he had them all assembled.