Noctisardor Bypass You don't want a couple of cashews hugging in your skull
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
@Corvus if you want it! Else I'll make another later.

All things considered, Arbiter's bad mood probably wasn't too fair to @Terance. Throwing a wrench in her plan, even if it seemed relatively minor -- it wasn't like he was running off into the sunset -- was a good way to make her pretty grumpy. Yes, he'd still be advising, but she was the sole one now who would hold a title. Still, her mood had subsided, but she still felt like there was this additional layer of complexity she now had to deal with to make sure things came together the way she imagined. She still needed some space, even if the end of the day brought her back. It was probably a good thing the pups were all young adults at this point -- they could avoid her if they didn't want to deal with it.

She'd gone to the lake this time to think. It was pretty well iced over and had been for at least a month. The first ten feet from the shore were frozen so thick that she wouldn't be surprised if it was solid. That was where she stood now, slowly scraping the snow from the ice so she could try to see what was beneath. How long would it be before they could try to fish in it? Going any farther didn't seem safe, so after she uncovered the ice and saw only darkness, she turned and headed back to shore. There had to be something else to keep her occupied. She could only think up these minor questions with answers she solved too quickly and then she ended up back at her initial puzzle. She frowned and swept the horizon.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Predictably, Corvus had kept to himself pretty well thus far, though not to the point of being downright antisocial. Finishing up a patrol, he returned to the territory's central lake to find a familiar snowy figure on the ice. You look troubled, He observed once he was close.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
A familiar black blot was heading her way. One of several now in the ranks. She moved onto the shore to meet him. And yes, her expression was fairly readable, Mm. I'm tired of things not cooperating. She hoped it wouldn't continue this way for longer. She would just have to learn to deal with it -- to fix it. Something. Her muzzle crinkled a moment, but that passed as she changed the subject, directing it back to Corvus. But first, how are you settling in? Enjoying having less questions than you did while on your own? Or at least she certainly hoped that some of the questions were solved -- like trying to find a reliable meal, or knowing that nobody was going to try to hunt you in your sleep. She felt like finally he'd gone and made the wise decision, so she intended to keep him pleased to be in her service if she could.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Her answer was vague, leaving him to believe many things hadn't been going according to plan lately. He wanted to ask "Like what?", but Treason — or Arbiter, rather — shot her own question his way. I think I'm settling fairly well, He answered, not entirely sure how he felt yet. Having been a nomad for so long makes it a bit difficult, but I do appreciate not having the worries I did before.

What sorts of things aren't cooperating? He asked then. Perhaps I can help.

Romanian | English
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Good. Let me know if you need anything. If he got bored she could always chuck one of the terrible trio at him -- he hadn't had that experience yet. All three would probably be too much for someone still getting used to being around groups again -- Pike and Brou weren't exactly low-key.

Arbiter certainly wouldn't be accused of underplanning anything. Not entirely sure how. Terance stepping down hadn't been in my plans. If he doesn't step up again then who acts as leader when I'm dealing with young pups later in the year? She frowned, It wasn't something I had thought was even a thing. Still. There was time for things to arrange themselves in a more favorable way, but she still didn't like it no matter what. They needed to be right now. They'd already dealt with too much other nonsense between Rannoch and the earthquakes that they were due a change of fortune.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
-brain buffers-

I will, He assured her. Arbiter went on to explain what was troubling her, and he frowned. Why did he step down? I presume Terance is your mate. Corvus wasn't much of a leader, but even if he was, it wasn't his place to offer such a responsibility here. Still, he said, I'm no leader, but I'll help where I can. Just say the word.

Romanian | English
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Hopefully I'm remembering the actual IC reason right, derpity.

She nodded. But this obviously made her question things just a little. She'd made the best choice she could but everyone was allowed to second guess themselves sometimes, weren't they? But that was certainly something that she was to worry about, not anyone else. To rest an old injury. I'm hoping he'll be able to step back up soon, but we'll see. It's the logistics that concern me if he doesn't. I think the wolves we've gathered are a good core that could keep up with the everyday needs, but... There are some things that do need a leader. She'd work it out. Somehow.

A slight tip of her head, If you don't see yourself as a leader, then how do you see yourself as time progresses? No more than a soldier? It was always good to find out what those under her actually wanted. It allowed her the ability to shape things to keep them happy... Or at least so went the theory. The fact it also might give her a slight break from focusing on her own troubles might help as well.