Hoshor Plains you convinced me to put life aside and want you
207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
This time, he takes @Evergreen with him when he follows the scent of bison through the territory. He still doesn't intend a hunt, and he tells his partner as much; he only wants to make sure he knows where they are, where they're going, and which one is the weakest. We should call a pack hunt, He tells Evergreen as they follow the scents. Bison are huge. If we could kill one... He doesn't think he needs to finish the sentence. Evergreen knows as well as he does that they need this.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Bisons remind him of Easthollow. Although Eve never participated in the hunts there—having never been called for one during his membership—he knew of them and their strength. It is impressive that the Hollow wolves knew in detail how to take them down.
The bearish wolf is surely strong, and bulk to take on a lot, but he typically kept to fishing. His own family pack had been small, and Kaistleoki suffered soon after it’s creation.
He is nervous, but excited all the same. Winterbourne is right; it would do them well in the last winter months to take one down. It’s part of why he agreed to come with his mate, another being his promise, and the worry for his safety.
Hm… ye-yeah, Ira knows how to take them on. I’m… unfamiliar, but I’m sure we could learn how to safely.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
The trail grows fresher as they continue, though Winterbourne still sees no sign of the beasts. I've never tried it, He admits. But I've watched my family hunt things just as big. I know we have to pick the weakest one, and we have to stay away from the hooves. He hasn't seen anyone get kicked by one, but he can imagine the damage it would do. He isn't sure anyone could live after something like that, and the thought scares him — but danger has always been a part of his life, so he thinks little of it.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve nods—like deer, but bigger, far more dangerous in nature. The bison aren’t afraid to hold their ground. He thinks they are similar to moose in that regard, although many wolves would rather attempt knocking down a bison than a moose any day.
And the horns, he adds after a beat. He keeps his nose down, following the scent that Winterbourne found closely. Round ears alert to the sounds in case they are close enough to hear the herd stirring.
207 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, He agrees softly, his own ears standing tall as he listens with his mate. He's about to speak again, but something interrupts him — the long, angry groan of bison, slightly distant but near enough to silence him. He glances to Evergreen with an excited smile, pace picking up slightly. He's careful to step quietly, though. Past the gentle slope of one of the few hills among the vast plains, the pair find the bison. Winterbourne stops at the peak of the hill, staring down at the small herd as he looks for the one he'd thought weakest last time he'd found them.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen quiets, too, the sound capturing his attention. Mismatched green eyes glance at Winterbourne’s just as his honey eyes turn to him. The excited smile leaves warmth spreading in his chest. It makes him excited, too, if only for River and his success.
He gives a gentle nip to the silver agouti wolf’s hip, before he follows on. Over the slopes of hills, they track quietly. Eve keeps crouched low in hopes that his bulk won’t give them away. Fortunately, it doesn’t, and they crest a hill only to see the bison herd at the bottom.
There are so many words he wants to say at that moment, but he keeps quiet, taking to excitedly glancing at Winterbourne and the herd instead. To think they got lucky with finding one already! And it is all thanks to his love.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He's silent for several more moments as his eyes scan the herd, until he finds what he's looking for — the oldest of them, a slow beast that he's certain the pack could take down. He's about to point it out to Evergreen when another catches his attention. One of them is wounded now, so fresh the blood still looks bright even from a distance. His gaze pauses on the mangled leg and uneven gait, and then he whispers to Evergreen, Look... there's an old one — I thought we might be able to go after that one — but there's a wounded one too, He glances back down at them, then to his mate. Maybe that would be... easier?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He follows Winterbourne’s gaze, shifting from the old beast to the younger with a twisted leg. Normally he would agree with the older, even if the meat is tougher and more unappealing, it would be an easier takedown… but with a young one so injured it may be worth the extra effort.
With it’s leg, it may not last much longer on it’s feet, he whispers, I think that one would be good to go for, since it is younger, it may have less experience with wolves, too.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He nods as Evergreen speaks, smiling slightly as he explains his thoughts. He hadn't thought of the experience part, but he's glad his mate did, and now even more grateful that he'd tagged along. You're right, He murmurs. We should talk to Ira about that pack hunt. He nudges him gently and plants a kiss on his cheek, then turns to lead him away from the herd so they don't have to whisper.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eve’s tail gives a wag, and he grins at his mate’s approval. With the plan in place, he thinks it’ll go well—Winterbourne has been putting a lot of effort in, and calling together a pack hunt to ensure the takedown sounds perfect to Evergreen.
The bearish Knight gives him a kiss in return, and follows him off to find Ira.