Hushed Willows How quickly the glamour fades
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Tagging for reference: @Sarah @Kukulkan @Reiko @Wren & @Lumiya since SC is claiming the area. Also taking some liberties because I've been hemorrhaging muse, and this was meant to happen earlier.

They had gathered, done a short tour of the Emberwood to say their farewell to it - with Ibis taking a moment to carve a particularly large flower shape in the most prominent of trees, the oak which stood proudly over the council's meeting place; she tried to gouge the trunk deep enough that the marking would last, in case anyone came looking for them. Then, together, the group moved north.

Not much was said once they departed the forest. Ibis kept close to Reiko, and just behind them was Wren (who she had yet to properly meet but, if Kukulkan trusted them then that was enough for her), followed by Kukulkan and Sarah at the rear. Together they climbed the ridge and feeling whimsical for a moment (and hurting for the familiar) Ibis thought she'd take a gander at the willows; however, as she split away from the little caravan of wolves, she found that the territory limits were marked with scents.

Her heart fluttered. It felt like she had a belly-full of butterflies. Was her mother back from wherever she had gone? Were Seabreeze and Olive finally home again? Despite the strength of the scents (and the lack of familiarity) Ibis plunged across them and followed the routes she knew so well - coming to a stop quite a ways in among the willows, and called out: Moms? Are you home?
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae was pleased with their hard work; their first cache had been made and the borders were strengthening with every day the court spent there. She gave it about a moon before they were official, perhaps even shorter - and she could not wait to pick out specific places that would become their meeting grounds. The tinkling of the ice crystals strung on the willow branches played their familiar melodies, and everything was peaceful.

That was, until rushed footsteps crunched up the patchy snow, and a voice she did not recognize called out. It sounded too close for comfort, which made her fear their scent wasn't strong enough just yet to rid the area of any passerby's — She sped to where she thought the voice originated from, coming across the thin vessel of the sand-dusted girl moments later with a worried and confused look on her face.

As far as she knew, only Moonshadow had had the blessing of children among the faeries (though she hoped that would change very soon), and the woman was looking for her missing son - not daughter. I hate to disappoint you - but I fear those you seek are not among us. Were the words she chirped so somberly.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She looked around frantically at first, peeping between the reeds of hanging willow, or trailing between the trees to where the gaps opened up to spacious hollows. When someone came to intercept her they were swift on their feet and surprisingly quiet; but beyond that they were a stranger, and they did not look old enough to know Ibis' mothers at all. Ibis stopped and spun to face the woman right as Lumiya spoke, and through the pounding of her little rabbit heart Ibis found the truth.

Oh, she gasped, and felt some of her energy wane.

For a second or two her mind was a blur of thoughts; she concentrated, composed herself, and assumed the role of an ambassador since - well - she knew nothing else. I'm... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here. I didn't mean to intrude, I just thought - with all the new scents -- she felt her face flush with warmth. Embarrassment, mostly. A little nostalgia, a little heartache. I grew up here, but my mothers left for greener pastures so that they could survive the winter, so I thought... Maybe, that they'd come back.

Ibis had no such luck.
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The girl seemed disappointed by the fae's presence, but she understood. When looking for someone, it was always the worst that came to meet you half-way; the possibility that you might never see them again. Eventually, you gave up your search, but the thoughts never truly leave; they act up whenever hope appeared, and then got smashed back into your subconscious when you realize it had been nothing but pretty lies.

It's quite alright. The fae reassured, not minding the stumble upon the lands she wished to claim - for now. She listened intently to her reasoning and sympathized - but couldn't relate as much as she would. To grow up without stable parents, meant not knowing what it was like to miss them in her case. Forgive me for asking, but why did they leave you behind then?