Hushed Willows faerie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Joining 

"She's the wildflowers but she's also the rain: days of summer beauty and nights full of pain." 

Through the heart of the mountains she'd pressed eagerly, reaching for the invisible sanctuary beyond its peak with desperate, grasping hands. From hell she'd crawled, and through the realms of every other would she drag herself until the frantic pounding of her heart stilled. 

The battered she-wolf might've noticed the boundaries cloaking the willow groves - if not for the driving diluge which had sent her scurrying in search of shelter, not unlike a frightened field mouse. As it was, the storm smothered all trace of scent; her past mistakes repeated blindly as the darkness deepened around Fen with the coming of night. 

Deeper into their territory she roamed mistakenly, ignorantly. The gaping maw of a cavern loomed upon her peripherals, relief blooming in the healer's heart as she dove into the refuge. 

Alone, unaware of the blunder she'd committed, the fae wound in circles - lowering herself to the dry floor gratefully as she wrapped around her aching frame, hugging her damp self close for warmth. 

"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Another trek around Seelie Court territory took up most of the duo's morning. It wasn't until Lale squawked hungrily that the sodden lady decided to stop. The wisp was aware that the damp conditions would make the border harder to recognize, so that had become her purpose for the dawn. Lale had remained curled in a ball at Iolana's nape for the duration of their trip, refusing to be left alone where the pair had slept. Walking back towards the center of the pack territory, Iolana made sure to stay under as many trees as she could, trying to keep her friend dry more than anything.

The two came upon their grotto, a quiet cave complimented by wound ivy. Ducking her head the wisp entered without disturbing the silent fauna, nor her companion. Padding across the floor the woman nearly tripped over another being inside the cavern "E kaʻu! Terribly sorry!" The slip up caused a rude awakening of Lale, who rose and shrieked before jumping off the woman and landing was a wet thud. Quietly Iolana recomposed herself and scooted the soggy ball of feathers toward her with one swift motion, containing the flustered bird as much as she could.
Iolana is almost completely deaf... she can only hear loud noises. She often tries to lip-read but it doesn't always work. She is also usually accompanied by a Merlin bird. You are always welcome to reference her! Her name is Lale (lah-leh) if that helps at all! Hawaiian will look like this when Iolana decides to speak it! <3
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith turned her head in alert, and bared her fangs. The fire-wolf prowled forth as she could smell the entering of an intruder, someone not of fae. The borders were marked, yet someone still was foolish to enter, and she would be glad to greet yet another corpse to the ground. It seemed they had chosen their burial, as the wolf continued forward and tracked their every step.

A head to the ground, smelling forth their location.. Into a cavern she went and Orlaith barked a warning sign as she entered. Her olives looked toward Iolana, and commanded, "Step aside," she did not have time to play games, "they are an intruder." The other had just been given a pass by the guard, but that could change soon if the other attempted to intervene with the task at hand. Intercepting was too late, for the white woman made herself in their cavern. It was shameful on her part, but she was quick to take control.

"You are in claimed lands," Orlaith snarled, "remove yourself at once, or consequences will follow."
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The queen was fluttering quietly among the willows, having just stored her catch in a freshly dug cache. She was on her way to the cave when she heard the commotion and noticed the scent of a stranger - one not of Seelie. Unlike Orlaith, this didn't anger the fae nor put her on edge; especially not when she laid eyes 'pon the poor maiden in their cave of wonders.

At ease, dear soldier. Her voice rung and bounced through the cavern. Iolana stood by, taking a passive approach to the situation as Lale threw a fit. Loinnir was quick to find his way over to the pair. She understood that, though their court was not official yet, the snowy creature in their cave had been very dismissive not to heed the warnings on her way. I'd like to hear what the woman has to say for herself, before we remove her. She suggested in a way that made it clear there shouldn't be any other suggestions.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
She'd not settled for long, snuffling with congestion from the damp. Biting back shivers from the chill, the spurned sylph had just begun to fall into a drowsy doze when the first of them appeared. 

Soft and white, she stumbled over Fen - appearing so suddenly in the dim gloom that the half-breed drew back in alarm, tumbling over her own skinny limbs in the process. 

Falling back on her scarred haunches with a quiet oomph, owlish pale eyes blinked at the woman in surprise, lips parting to assure her all was well when the second came barreling through. 

She was the opposite of the first faerie: stinging needles of winter downfall in the face of her predecessor's summer shower, the burn of a summer sun sinking over the horizon opposed to the first rays of spring, fangs bared and hardened eyes in place of warmth. 

The mother's butterfly auds pinned to her skull as her spine curved in instinctual submission, licking her chops anxiously as her gaze hit the floor shatteringly. 

She dared not look up as the third entered, her soft words a balm to the sudden tension within the cave. Dark, sooty paws were all she saw in her peripherals as the queen drew from the shadows with silent bearing. 

"My apologies," the trespasser wisped at last, when the coal-crowned Seelie had fallen silent and expectation congealed in the air. "I'd not known ze land was claimed. Ze rain had gotten fierce, I could nae smell much or see anything."

"I mean no trouble," Wördronna lilted softly, hopefully. "I'll go quietly." Her slender muzzled bobbed once, just-so, as if to punctuate her willingness to cooperate.
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Not soon after Iolana had entered and disturbed the resting woman, Orlaith strolled in fierce and confident. Immediately the fiery woman snapped at Iolana, willing her to step away. The wisp wanted no trouble and did as instructed, backing up and with each step dragging Lale with her. The queen followed soon after, trying to diffuse the situation. Iolana took another step back until she reached the wall of the cave, retreating from the scene ahead as she made herself simply a bystander.

Dipping her head the painted lady stroked her uneased companion, quietly settling the bird whom she cared deeply for. Iolana couldn't really tell what was going on and only knew two of the three others. None of the words had been noticed except for step aside and now the lady was silently confused at the situation. Focusing simply on her friend the woman sat and wrapped her tail around Lale, trying to calm her as she allowed the events to die down around her. The lady found no point in putting herself where she didn't belong, nor where she didn't know what was going on even if she had a place in the conversation.
Iolana is almost completely deaf... she can only hear loud noises. She often tries to lip-read but it doesn't always work. She is also usually accompanied by a Merlin bird. You are always welcome to reference her! Her name is Lale (lah-leh) if that helps at all! Hawaiian will look like this when Iolana decides to speak it! <3
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith was pleased for the event to go smoothly, and was growing used to Iolana, feeling soon she would be able to call her a fairy. If the other insisted on getting the way, she knew there was a price to pay with that. Confidence swelled knowing she was taking the reigns swiftly and with actions, but soon was stopped as the Queen gave the order to be at ease.

There was displeasure on the fire wolfs face, but did as so. She may not agree the words of Lumiya, so small and gentle, but this was her realm. When it came to, obediance would be acquired, if the right measurements would be taken. She too, would like to know why someone would wander into a marked territory. However the other seemed to not know it was, and Orlaith found it hard to believe. She blew air, a snort in sarcasm, but said nothing more as the other was willing to leave.

The guard would happily lead her out, but awaited Lumiya to say what was next.
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The strange, drowned lady seemed to hold no malice - but it did not make Lumi drop her guard, not even with Orlaith near. She sympathized, sure, but she did find it pretty mindless of the woman to run into a forest without making sure it was unoccupied. It was like rushing into a toilet, despite everything looking like a toilet and smelling like a toilet - then kicking open one of the stalls without looking if the door was locked. That was what it felt like to Lumi.

It's alright, calm down. She chirped kindly, keeping her authority clear. Were you fleeing from something — someone? She asked, curious as to what had made the drowned lady panic in the first place. If it was the rain, she'd have a hard time just living, as rain happened to fall pretty frequent. The queen doubted this was the cause of the panic though, and worried more so about the thing that had spooked her to have followed her here.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
She can feel the weight of their eyes upon her - heavy, scornful - pressing her further into the earth. 

Their leader is the only who speaks, direct and inquisitive. The battered woman grew still at her probing words, eyes trained upon the earth. Careful, ever so careful, not to let even a flicker of the fear brewing in her blood to shine through. 

"I.." she whet her lips hesitantly. 

She did not trust them. 

It was her own fault - the druid knew this well - but in the tense atmosphere of the cavern, all she could hear were the echoes of Grinestone. The fugitive slave was aware of the stigma of thieves, trespassers; Fen couldn't find it in herself to put faith in the show of kindness, unaccustomed as she was to it. Anxiety swirled in her veins, murmuring of traps and bondage. 

Her fractured mind settled upon one objective: escape. 

"Nae," she rasped softly. "Only ghosts, mi'lady."

"A t'ousand apologies again to ye and yers," 
the woman bowed her head, truly contrite, as she edged around their group nervously - lowered in submission as she made her way back out into the rain.
50 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Iolana watched the scene unfold with curiosity, words were lost as only slight movements and expressions told the story. Confusing yes, but the lady had grown used to pushing herself away from situations because she simply believed she would be useless in any sense. Of course, she stayed back and took in any observation she could manage. Words were obviously being exchanged but not one of them seemed to process in the painted woman's mind. Lumi wore a face of cautious sympathy, Orlaith of distaste (with an occasional look of mockery), and the other a mix of obedience and fear. Or at least, from what Iolana could tell.

Lale had, by now, calmed and sat peacefully beside her companion without a single care about the current happenings around her. Iolana could only imagine her brow was creased with slight confusion but nevertheless, she seemed to go unnoticed so why should she care to hide such an emotion? Her mind brought back to the present as the "trespasser" (oh, how she hated that word) stood and began to cautiously see herself out. Sympathy crossed the woman's face but she would not interfere with the proceedings in front of her, it was not her place.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
terribly sorry!! please skip me from here on aa

Greens were trained onto the tresspasser who spoke of odd words. The Queen would rather speak before actions, but as she was that of the fire-folk, Orlaith was always to do the opposite. There shouldn't be reasoning with those who enters, knowing well it been marked.. Her reasoning was they had some sort of motive, to go through other ways then simply calling them forth.

She held suspicions, but remained silent and on guard.