Whitefish River one persistent pack
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
I suck, but maybe a thread for the KO move? Anyone’s welcome to join in! Eve is gonna be fishing & starting a cache. Backdated to early March! Best used for a trade thread and nothing heavy development wise

Home sweet home. Delight and fear twine into one, as Evergreen makes his way back towards the River. He’d let @Winterbourne know, and had departed with a howl for the rest of the Kaistleoki members, an open invitation if anyone wanted to join him.
The scouting trip prior had been a success for the most part, but now it is time to dig their heels in further. Eve follows the river, keeping his blind side towards it—he’s heading for his favorite fishing spot.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Fishing time!!!

Where was Ira? When was she going to come with the others? Hieronymous was beginning to feel antsy, more so now that his energy was returning, the man was still skinny from his time away, lost, but in time he should fill out again as he did before. 

Following the river, the familiar, and not often seen (mostly because of Noki's fault), the sight of Evergreen caught his attention. With a skip and a hop, he padded his way over to the big guy with a pleasant grin on his painted face. Hey there big guy! Long time no see~ Mind if I join you?
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Intercepting at the perfect time is an acquainted face, one that causes Evergreen to light up with a grin in response. Hieronymous could use some of the fat that the bearish wolf has, but alas, it isn’t possible to trade—or gift, really—so Eve will just have to settle with throwing food at him.
Hey, man, good to see you! Uh, not at all, please do! He beckons for the piebald wolf to walk with him. I was thinking about starting a cache again here, and to do so… we gotta get some grub. Are you, uh, comfy with fishing?
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Linking this here for later use! Feel free to use it if you want to Mista!

Gratefully Hieronymous matches his stride with the larger Evergreen - there were so many big boys around in this pack that Hiero often felt smaller than usual. Not that it mattered, it was simply an observation. Good idea! He quipped at the idea of starting a cache. After the failed hunt of the rabbit, some fish might be a good idea, a welcome home gift for others to enjoy.

Yessir, in my condition, fishing is the safest hunting I can do. If I can toot my own horn, I'd like to say I'm pretty good at it. Boastfully he held his head up high, puffing out his chest proudly at the claim.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen knows not everyone has a taste for the sport, or even fish in general—but it pleases him to hear that Hiero takes to it with ease. Eyebrows lift, his grin widens with his tail giving a wag for extra measure. It’s so nice to meet another fisherman.
Awesome! It’s, uh, one of my favorite things to do, so it’s great to meet another that likes fishing, too. He leads them towards the spot he likes, where the bank dips low and sandy, and the river wide and shallow with stepping stones the fish tend to hang out around.
If you needa stop though, uh, let me know! Last thing he wants is for his packmate to overexert himself.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
sorry this got a tad long ;3; no need to match lmao

As Evergreen turns into a bank, Hiero immediately understood - This was the spot, the spot that Evergreen enjoyed the most. Normally the piebald would leap into the water, the man did enjoy swimming too along with a good fishing trip, but knowing the circumstances, slowly walked in and avoiding making any sudden movements until he was deep enough to wait for the fish to swim by. You can always count on me to be a fishing buddy. With a playful wink, he began to focus on the water.

Same goes for you! Hiero would actually rely on Evergreen to stop the event if need be, fatigue was something he didn't feel unit it was too late after all. All he had to do was just stay still and try to use as little energy as possible.

Moments passed, he could feel the little nibbles on his legs as the smaller fish swam by - not even a nibble they were too small. Then in a flash, the gold shining in the water! Bringing his head up and out of the water, Hiero was already trotting back to the beach and placing his first catch down with a crunch of its head to make sure it didn't flop back into the water later. A little trout (apache trout!) like thing left motionless while he wadded back to his spot. Your turn. his voice was teasing, an obvious friendly challenge.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Good to know, for future fishing trips he’ll have to make sure to call Hiero along. Eve gives him a nod, and hopes it conveys that he, too, could count on him in the future for any fishing endeavors—it’ll be difficult to stop Eve from doing what he loves, and a for sure sign something was up if he ever did stop fishing.
For now, they both focused on the waters. Eve enters slowly after Hiero, beaming with delight and pride that the bank he loved for all these months has remained much the same. He missed this spot so much.
He stands in wait, watching for any flicks of shiny scales underneath the surface, and glances over to observe when Hiero moves to catch the first fish of the day. Nice catch!
And then it truly is his turn. He waits around a bit for the waters to settle again, before he spots his target incoming; a blueback herring. His strike almost ends with a miss as the speedy fish darts immediately, but fortunately, Evergreen is able to correct his clumsy movement and crunch down—securing their second catch.

Accidentally matches
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away

Evergreen surely did not disappoint. Almost on beat with the challenge issued, the giant swoops in and catches his own little prize - so now, naturally, Hieronymous desired nothing more than to up the sizes or at least catch more than Evergreen did at the end of the day.

Because why not put a little bit of a flare into today's fishing trip by seeing his friend as a friendly competitor?

This time it took a little longer, all the movement with the previous catches caused some fish to avoid the area (at least for Hiero's location), but a fish did come. He felt it more than saw it and reached down to snag a new colourful addition to their pile, a yellow perch, beautifully striped yellow and back. All he could hope is that he catches the first big one - so he kept his eye on Evergreen now.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Wading towards the shore, he deposits the catch in a pile for safe keeping—later they would sort and take care of it for the cache. It is now back to fishing, in which the wait is definitely longer and the mischievous look in Hiero’s eyes tells him that this turned from a mission to a challenge. Challenge Accepted. Eve will show he’s got the Moves.
Hiero manages to snag another, one that is pretty and catches his eye, but Eve focuses on his own—trying to relax and call forth the fish with mindpowers, while he waits for them to become curious again and near.
Eventually one larger than the last comes about, and it isn’t a fish he’s ever seen before. He immediately wonders what it might taste like. It becomes his target, and he waits, until he thinks he is close enough in catching distance. The bearish wolf abruptly darts forward, pouncing upon the fish and making it a swifter end than the last.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
1 for 1 from the looks of it LOL, who will fail first I wonder. Maybe a couple more rounds and we can call it?? Should be long enough for a trade/KO moving!

Evergreen's reaction was different than before, catching Hiero's attention as ears pulled forward while he waited to see the bearish man's catch - and it was bigger. How dare he! He was good indeed, and clearly he was just as good as Hieronymous felt he was as they kept catching one for one...

And what a weird catch he had too, sort of ugly - but food was food, right? So long as it was edible. 

Ha! I won't you beat me so easily. Even if he was a little saddened for the moment that Evergreen already out bested him with a bigger fish.

Luckily for him, luck was also on his side. In a moment he was bringing his own thicc boy onto the shore, a certain mouthful of a largemouth bass that felt heavier than it looked - clearly it was a meaty guy.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
HUEHUE. I have no idea how he managed this perfect roll, but I’m way too amused by how well it fits w/ the bear inspo! Sounds perfect though! Thanks so much for spreeing this through

The mystery of what the fish is distracts him for a moment—he really wants to know. It’s weird looking, definitely ugly and doesn’t remind him of anything he has seen before.
Yet, Hiero’s battle cry and challenge sets his attention back at the task at hand—and he watches as his rival catches a thick bass. Nice. That’ll be a good one to feed hungry Kaistleoki members with. We’ll feed the entire army at this rate. He grins, all too pleased.
But the true battle is the fish that walks into the ring next. Chum salmon, one of his favorites to enjoy alike his lookalike—the brown bear. He doesn’t want to miss this opportunity, and looks to Hiero for a moment to make sure he sees what Eve does. If there is any sort of struggle, he trusts he’ll jump in.
He’s fortunate at the opening charge he gets, as he nails the salmon with a bite behind the head. The thrashing and splashing that came with it certainly doesn’t do them any good for fishing further, but Eve is all too eager to secure this prize.
Lifting his head up, he drags the large fish from the water’s surface and towards the shore.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Oh jeez that's amazing! Also makes sense since IC Eve has more experience fishing. yes thank you for the spree!!

Ha! I sure hope so. They were getting quite the catch so far, not one of them were missed (maybe i was too liberal with the dices, or we were very lucky LOL). One after another it would need multiple trips for them to bring them all back into the proper caches. 

Then Evergreen gets distracted, Hiero's eyes followed where he wandered off too and he too sprung into action, wanting to be the one to bring in the fish - but Evergreen had the jump and was already bringing home the bacon - or scales in his case. He was defeated, the better fisherman was proven today - but Hiero would be up for round two some other day that was for certain.

Well - you beat me, good job! Let's go bring all these guys back into their holes. I'll stand watch over these if you want to go bury them somewhere safe. Taking a seat, someone had to stand watch so no coyotes or raccoons came by to steal their prizes.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
I think the dice rolls were really fun LOL I enjoyed this! Definitely down for another whenever

He’s never managed to catch one of these on his own. It’s an accomplishment that has the bearish wolf reeling. He’ll have to tell Winterbourne about this later, and show him. Extra special fish that maybe his mate will take a liking to as well.
Placing the salmon with the others, Evergreen catches his breath before he beams at Hieronymous. You fought valiantly. Maybe it’s because of the competitive vibes that Eve was able to tackle such a big prize. But uh, sounds like a plan! Help yourself to any of them.
Eve collects as many as he could carry, and goes about searching for a good spot to store them. He repeats until they are taken care of.