Whitefish River i spy
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
Count. It’d been days since the bearish wolf rejoined Kaistleoki’s council, and yet, it has taken this long for it to fully settle. The responsibilities were upon his shoulders again, and though Evergreen has his doubts as per always, a renewed determination mirroring that of the pack’s creation seeps into him.
He takes to patrolling, as per usual. The morning trek is often left to him, and on occasion, Winterbourne, Hieronymous or Howl. Lately, Ira has been a slow riser—and though the bear knows why he could not help fuss over it. The more rest the expecting mother got, the better. Which is what drives him further to take up the helm of Kaistleoki once more.
He is trotting along the southern border, between the River and the snow-covered Plains when something in the distance catches his eye.

Whatever Evergreen sees is left purposefully vague! Could be danger, or could be a herd
Working on wrapping up current threads!
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl's constant presence around the boarders of the pack was in part to keep up with patrols but also to run into as many pack members as he could. He had settled well since joining but still felt there were key members of the pack he wanted to be more familiar with than simply knowing them by appearance and standing. Luckily for him, his course was set to intersect Evergreen, a member he had heard about before even joining the pack, but not yet had a chance to formally introduce himself to.

As he approached the male Howl noticed the similarities between the two. A similar coat coloration, size and build, though Evergreen was a bit... thicker than Howl. He was looking off into the distance and as Howl was about to greet him notices it as well.

The carcass of a deer some yards away mangled and separated in a way that didn't suggest the work of a wolf. Howl's mind instantly went to something larger like a mountain lion or bear, but further inspection would be needed to make that distinction. Perhaps Evergreen already knew. "You know whos work we are looking at?" he asked the male as he approached.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
A deer carcass lays in his vision, dusted lightly with snow and definitely not buried enough to show it’d been there longer. Evergreen grows on guard, cautious to what may have taken the deer down so close to their home. He jumps slightly at the sound of Howl’s voice, having not noticed his approach in his focus.
No… we should… uh, check. The bearish wolf shakes his head, and moves forward. His head lowering as he creeps cautiously forth, trusting Howl has his back if  the predator still lurked nearby. As he approached, he notices the mangling that Howl initially did; it is unlike anything he’s seen before. His large nose takes a whiff, catching a scent that reminded him of the cliffs.
It… smells similar to Sheepeater Cliff, he mentions, shifting his mismatched green gaze towards his pack-mate.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
So the culprit was unknown to both of them. Howl let his enlarged leader take... the lead. He stayed a few paces behind and looked around the area. Any predator willing to leave a kill out in the open, unburied and unprotected may have intentions to return relatively soon. Or perhaps they were full, but if that were the case Howl had problems with the sear morals of a creature willing to kill more than it needed to eat. As the large male inspected the kill Howl thought to trust the male nose rather than have both their heads down open to danger. "The cliffs...? I know the top is smooth but most of it's slanted. I would assume the only thing agile enough to hang around there for extended periods of time would be goats or something feline." Howl hadn't encountered many cats in his day. A few here and there, but not enough to remember their scent much.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
It is nearby enough that it would make sense, but otherwise an oddity that something—or someone—would gore a deer so badly without hiding the rest, or taking it to cover at least. The strange occurrence leaves him feeling uneasy.
Yeah… He swallows down. Something… isn’t right. Normally mountain lions wouldn’t do this, right? Oh how he hopes he is wrong though.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Really sorry for the late reply. Finals week and real-life :P

He gave a so-so look to the bearish male then returned to his watch. Projecting his voice so that despite him facing other directions he could be heard. "I'm not an expert on cats. I don't run into them too often, but I don't know any animal that would simply leave that much food around. Though the carnage looks familiar." he said speaking to the way the carcass was torn apart.