Neverwinter Forest I did not graduate college because I did not attend it
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
dated April 1

He had spent a lot of time by the sea, trying to forget himself. Trying to relax. He'd looked idly for family here and there, asking loners if they knew their names or whereabouts. There were no leads, though, and so he spent most of his time in relaxation. Fishing. Swimming (maybe he'd one day swim to the island!). Trying not to think.

It was time to head inland, though. The search had to continue, and the days were growing longer. Summer was coming; he could feel it in the air, despite the persistent wintery weather. The stars told the story.

Timberlake came across a pack's borders fairly quickly and came to a halt, backing off the scent markings with an inquisitive tilt of his head. It had been a while since he'd come calling at a territory. He brushed off his newfound ambassador skills and howled, seeking more information.

Let one of them be here. Please. . .at least ONE.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She was already moving along the borders when the call sounded across the trees. She froze and lifted her head from the rock she had been inspecting, staring in the direction of the sound for a few moments before lurching forward and trotting towards the visitor. 

She slowed only when she finally saw him standing near the edge of the territory. Her expression was blank but her gaze was fiery and probing as she stopped in front of him. He was large like her but his fur couldn't be more different; where hers was snowy white, his was dark brown like the ground beneath the trees in the spots where the sun never reached. This is Neverwinter Forest, she said first. What is your business here? His intentions could be innocent, but she always remained suspicious until proven otherwise.
Inuttuk
Common
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
It was one of the more majestic territory names he had heard so far, and his ears perked, intrigued. Neverwinter Forest—that's nice, he said without thinking, before having the sense to look embarrassed. Uh, sorry. I'm Timberlake; I'm here looking for some family of mine. I've got some names, uh. . .

Here we go again with the list.

My siblings, Meadow and Radcliffe. My mother, Pema. And some cousins: Sunny, Valiant, Easy and Winterbourne. Have you heard of any of them? he asked, blinking softly at the young woman. . .who, come to think of it, was quite beautiful. Her eyes, though, stopped him dead in his tracks; Timberlake knew she was way too much for him. Still, he could look, right?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She didn't make any movement or acknowledgement of his words at first, waiting for him to get through the boring introduction stuff and onto the reason he was at the borders of their very claimed forest. So far, he hadn't given off any bad vibes, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. It wasn't until he mentioned his missing family that she allowed some of the stiffness to leave her frame. 

I'm Simmik, she offered first with a dip of her head. The she released a small sigh. I don't recognize any of those names, she continued. She hated to give him the news she knew he must be expecting. I explore a lot, so I'll keep any eye out, she offered. Then she looked him over curiously, lifting her nose and drawing in his scent to inspect it a little. He didn't smell like he was part of a pack from what she could tell. Have you just been wandering around looking for them? she asked. That would be pretty sad if that was the case.
Inuttuk
Common
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
It was becoming expected. He would rattle off names, and no one would know them. Expected, but frustrating, nonetheless. Thank you, he replied, echoing her sigh, but giving her a rueful smile. Pretty much, yeah. Stopping by all the borders and seeing if anyone's seen them. Or at least heard of them.

How many more packs were there? He didn't even want to ask. What if there were hundreds and they just. . .weren't. . .anywhere?

He needed to go home. Back to his sweetheart, back to his remaining family. Maybe he'd find Padma and she'd go with him. Thanks, Simmik, Timberlake told her again, and then left the edge of the forest, headed north.