Whitefish River We're in the car on a highway
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
@Hieronymous
backdated to 4/5 
i'm assuming that he is wherever evergreen and speedy moved him the day before. let me know if i need to change this!
@Inna is welcome too <3

She thanked the universe that Hieronymous had gotten injured after she had been able to replenish some of her more important plants that she used specifically for wounds. She wasn't back to full capacity by any means, but she had enough to give him the best chance at healing completely. 

She trotted from her cache, mouth filled with various things needed to tend to his injuries. She needed to remove the moss and clean the wounds, and then after, she would apply a poultice to help prevent infection. She also carried something for the pain that she would give him regardless of how up front he was about how he was feeling. She never knew who would be too stoic to be honest with her, not at first anyway, so she always treated pain even if they assured her they were fine. 

She dropped her bundle of plants gently on the ground near where Hieronymous should be resting, assuming he was still there. Hey, she called out softly, unsure how he would be feeling this morning. I need to take care of your wounds. Now that the bleeding had hopefully stopped for good, she needed to make sure nothing got infected.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Eventually, he came back into consciousness. the last thing he could remember was speaking to Evergreen and what came of that? He couldn't remember what happened after - nor the different surroundings around him than the usual spot he chose to sleep in to keep with familiarity and routine (something he had kept strict with in order to keep himself safe and clean). 

Sliding his head across the ground to see Speedy as she came back, lips twisting upward in a smile as he greeted her. Greetings Speedy, what's up? His question was swiftly answered as she spoke of his wounds, brows arched curiously as his mood didn't sway at the mention. Are they that nasty? With no feeling to tell if they were sore or hot, nor smell to pick out any infection, he was solely relying on everyone else to keep an eye on any wounds essentially. 

Oh, the glory and beauty of a congenital disease. 

Good news for her is that he didn't have any reason to whine or flinch or complain about any treatment coming his way.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The healer nodded. Pretty serious, yes, she answered. They were bleeding quite a lot. I used moss to fix that but now I need to clean them and apply something for infection, Speedy explained. She walked over and examined his injuries closer. They were crusty with blood and plant, and her mouth twisted a little with worry. The whole process is probably going to be pretty uncomfortable, especially when I remove all this moss, she warned him, concern pulling her eyebrows together. She had no idea of his condition apparently. I have something for pain I would like to give you first. She walked back over to the pile and picked up the willow bark, trotting back over and placing it down in front of him. That should help take the edge off. You just eat it; it won't taste very good. She shifted over and resumed her inspection of his wounds as she waited for him to eat the bark; she wouldn't start until he had.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Oh... I didn't know. He was in a mild state of astonishment. Well shit, normally he was cautious of these things but even then it was hard to do so in a moment's panic. Someone had to take the brunt of the cat's fury and it was either him or Inna - his decision was obvious. Nor did he regret it. 

With a smirk he eyed the herb kind Speedy had offered, and with a little chuckle, he made the decision to explain himself. The pack's healer should know of his condition, she of all individuals should know for the situation at hand and for those that would certainly come in the future. Don't think of me as a "brave fool", but they would go to waste on me.

Plus, someone might need them more than he does, so he wasn' trying to be rude by rejecting them. Simply looking out for the next guy who might want to dull that "pain". I think it's time to explain, while I do so, please go ahead with the treatment. Her doing her job won't do much to stop him after all.

I can't feel pain, I was always like this. Never felt it, don't know what it's like. It was a simple start. I don't know when I need to go to the washroom, when I'm hungry, or when I'm hurt or sore - but I also can't feel pleasure either, nor can I smell very well. So you see, I am the ultimate painkiller for myself! He ended it all with a mighty lighthearted laugh.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It's okay, she assured him, a warm smile curving her lips. You should be fine now, as long as the wounds stay clean. That would be the most important part of her care going forward. She would need to do this often at first. But then once the wounds started to heal enough, she could leave the rest up to his body. 

A brave fool was a good way to explain how she though of him when he declined pain control, and it was surely apparent in the skeptic raise of her eyebrow. But when he continued, it was obvious there was more to the story. She hesitated only a moment before picking up the water soaked moss to start moistening the crust covering his wounds. She listened quietly, focusing on her work as she slowly and carefully cleared away the debris from the injuries, revealing red, swollen flesh. Her gaze cut to his face occasionally as she tried to understand what he was telling her. She had never heard of such a condition, and it honestly worried her greatly. She wondered how he had made it this far in life. How had he made it as a tiny pup? From what she could tell, hunger and discomfort were what motivated babies in the first few weeks of life when they had little understanding of anything else. Perhaps he just had a very diligent and observant mother. 

She used a clean piece of soggy moss to squeeze water over the angry flesh, flushing out anything she might have missed. She placed the used plant on the ground and before grabbing another one, she looked to him with concern. That sounds dangerous, she pointed out, although he seemed intelligent, so he was probably aware of that fact already. While you're a part of Kaistleoki, I will make sure to keep an extra eye on you then, she promised. Now that he was in her care, she wasn't going to let something happen to him simply because he couldn't feel any of the warnings from his body when something was wrong. She picked up the the last piece of soaked moss and flushed his wounds out once more.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Good! I'm glad to hear it. So casual, he was quite comfortable where he was and being tended to was very nice as well. At least he didn't have to worry as much about them anymore now that Speedy was also looking at them. Inna did a fine job, Hiero was certain his own carelessness is what put him in this state.

I'm lucky to be alive. He admits. Time and time again he had stared he reaper in the faceless face and luckily for him he managed to fight back and keep just enough breath in his lungs to go on for one more day. His parents were attentive when he was young, and routine certainly helped a lot with all of it. 

I'd appreciate it. He's sprain and ankle and not even notice if someone wouldn't point out the janky crooked leg, nor any bumps or scratches or even a missing ear! He could be impaled and not even flinch! Having more eyes to watch out for him would be nice. Pack life was certainly something for someone like him.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
With the cleaning of his wounds done, she began to pull the flowers off the marigolds with her teeth and chew them into a paste-like substance. She applied the poultice to the first wound as he expressed his appreciation for her offer. Speedy offered him another warm smile. You'll need to rest for a few days while your body recovers from everything, she instructed him. Now that she knew he wouldn't feel any of the signs from his body that he should take it easy, she wanted to be sure that he understood and didn't push himself too much right now. She chewed more flowers and placed them on a different wound. I'll be close by too, and will clean and reapply this poultice daily for a couple days. But if you need something, you can just call out for me; I'll hear it. She smiled again, reaching down to grab more flowers and chew them before placing them on another wound. 

When she was done, she inspected everything closely to search for anything she might have missed. It all looked good. Speedy took a step back, smile returning to her face. I'll be right back; I'm going to get you something to eat. She hurried off to the closest cache, picking through it until she found a hare that seemed like a fairly recent addition. Meal held between her jaws, she sprinted back, dropping the rabbit near Hieronymous and taking a seat. Eat, she gently instructed; she had no plans to leave there until he had.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Jokingly he whined at her declaration of him needing to stay here and rest. Aaawww man, it'll be so boring. With his maw comically open, shoulders dropping and an exaggerated frown, he rolled to his side just enough to lounge around after Speedy was done dressing his wounds. I might need company more than anything, I get bored easily y'know. Not being able to feel the pain to make his rest easier, it was to keep his mind occupied that would be the trick to keep him from wandering. But of course, he would remain as long as Speedy needed to be happy with her work despite he had a companion or not during his healing process.

When she came back with a meal for him, he put up zero fuss and ate as instructed. Though it felt weird to not be the one doing the hunting and feeding her instead, there was no shame in letting the opposite happen either. You're a fantastic physician Speedy, thank you, for everything. He said genuinely after the meal was eaten. He trusted her portion to eat the thing without worrying of overeating. I'll pay you back somehow, someday.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She gave a soft laugh at his reaction; it sounded like something one of her daughters would say if she told them they had to rest. Well, I'll be here a couple times each day to check on your wounds and bring you food, she assured him. Is there anyone else I can send to hang out with you? she asked. She wanted him to be as comfortable as possible. 

Oh, it's nothing, she said in response to his praise and gratitude. It's my job to take care of you guys, and I don't mind at all. She smiled warmly down at him. She shook her head when he offered to repay her. No, you don't need to do that. I'm Kaistleoki's healer; you're supposed to come to me when you get hurt or sick, she told him. Then she paused a moment. But if you must, then you can repay me by being careful and following my instructions, she offered. That was really all she wanted anyway. She was happy when the pack was happy and healthy, and the only thing she wanted in return was for everyone to be as careful as possible.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
That should be good enough. Of course, he would have preferred more, maybe if he knew someone to name he would, but the only one that came to mind was possibly @Ira, but even he knew she would never come by to give him the time of day (this is before their little one on one chat).

Don't worry, I will do as the doctor orders and remain putt until you are pleased with the healing process. Despite not wanting him to return the favour in any way, he will.... Oh he will. With maybe some food or something! Food was always a nice gift to offer someone. For now, he would remain here until given the okay to head back out and do his usual thing - perhaps he will enjoy the forceful time off to just lay around?

End here? :)
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
sounds good <3 ty for the thread!

Alright, but if you change your mind, let me know. She thought he might once resting here got old. 

Speedy smiled warmly at him. Thank you, she offered first. Like I said, I'll be close by, and you can call for me anytime, she assured him. She'd hate for him to sit here needing something in between the times when she would visit. She looked over his wounds one more time, satisfied with how they looked. Some still oozed a little, but that was normal; they would probably ooze for a few days. What she didn't want was there to be any large amounts of blood coming from anything or any thick discharge, which she would watch for when she came to check on him. She looked back to Hieronymous, smiling again. Get some rest; I'll be back in a few hours. Then she dipped her head and turned to leave.