Dawnlark Plains you speak of destiny as if it was fixed
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 

The rapid scurrying of the plump vole was enough to inspire quick paws and keen eyes that were trained to follow the little creature in hopes that it would not vanish beneath the earth into a hole. Brave had only just seen the animal basking in the sun before deciding that it would make a suitable snack. The chase had only just begun for a moment, but the vole was a feisty beast and it had seemingly fooled the inky wanderer into believing that it would be an easy catch. Little did he know that very same animal had spent weeks playing a game with passing wolves by taunting them into a chase and then hiding beneath the earth in a hole that was dug beneath a grapefruit-sized boulder.

Just as Brave was prepared to arch his back and spring, the fat bastard had slipped from his sight and left the lean figure panting in the sun. The young wolf’s jade gaze lifted to his surroundings with a breathy sigh and a dismissive flick of his tail. Already losing sight of the treasure that had escaped him, he searched the most recent areas with a thoughtful frown. The plain was not much to look at, though he imagined that it played home to passing herds during winter months. It was likely the hunting ground for a nearby pack. Keeping that in mind, the inkjet wanderer set his pace at a steady trot and searched for signs of passersby.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
wb! i'm excited to get to write with you again! <3

It wasn't often she wandered this far from her forest, but she had been particularly restless lately and when she had reached the mountains, instead of turning around and heading home, she just continued forward. Really, she should have traveled south if she was going to make her way through the mountains, but that way lead to a past she wasn't ready to face just yet. Soon, though. 

Her impression of the plains were also that they were kind of boring. That was until she spotted a dark stranger moving ahead of her in the distance. It looked like he was searching for something, and she wondered what. Intrigued by a new face as usual, she quickly worked to close the distance between them. She waited to get too close, though, in case this stranger wasn't in the mood for company. Eyeing him with her usual suspicion, she stopped a respectful distance away and released a low chuff to get his attention.
Inuttuk
Common
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Me too! <33

The chuff was more than sufficient at drawing the attention of the dark wolf. His head craned back until he had fixed his sights on the white figure. For a moment, Brave wondered if he had met this wolf before and had simply forgotten their name. When he turned entirely, he realized that the figure was unfamiliar to him and his mind was eased. She seemed almost like a spirit standing there with the backdrop of the plains and nothing more.

Aiming himself toward her, the swarthy young male moved at a relaxed pace. When they had only a yard or more of space between them, Brave drew his crown upward and cast a squinted smile in her direction. This was his attempt to show that he meant no harm and would not mind the companionship, even from someone he did not know. “Name’s Brave,” the dark wolf introduced easily.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
It seemed her hesitation wasn't necessary; the stranger turned at her sound and came closer, offering her a smile as he moved. He seemed friendly enough, but she still hung on to her suspicion until she could be sure. 

She dipped her head at his greeting. I'm Simmik, she told him in return, her tail waving slowly behind her. She glanced around them. Are you from around here? she asked. She had never ventured this far before, and she wondered if he maybe knew the area better and could offer her some insight. Not that it would matter if he didn't have any more knowledge than she did; she would still hang out with him. Things might be more fun that way anyway. They could explore together or something. None of these thoughts played out on her face, though; she still offered him a mostly suspicious look while she tried to decide whether or not she could trust him enough to let her guard down a little.
Inuttuk
Common
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The sound of the snowy wolf’s name was one that struck Brave as being exotic in its sound. His ears cupped forward at the moniker and he drew his gaze to her features with some interest. She carried the scent of other wolves on her pelt. The yearling had drawn close enough to discern that the pale female must have belonged to one of the packs in the immediate area. When she inquired as to whether he was from nearby, the dark wolf cracked a smile and shook his head. For some, it was obvious that he was a foreigner to their lands. With the question that had been presented, he rethought the premise of her belonging to a nearby pack and wondered if she had ventured beyond her normal routine.

“I’m kinda just taking it one step at a time. I’ve been traveling with my sister and we’re searching for family that might be in this area,” Brave answered her with a soft smile. The inky wolf felt that there was something romantic in their temporary drifting existence. He knew that they would not be listless for long; when they started to find their kin, it would shift. Until that time, they could enjoy the freedom that came with belonging to any territory that their paws touched. 

"You lost though? Looking for something specific?"
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her interest piqued at the mention of his family. What are their names? she asked. I explore a lot; maybe I've met them. She had met a lot of wolves recently and she would be happy to help someone reunite with their missing family even if the thought caused a twinge of guilt in her chest. She wondered if her mother still looked for her. 

Did she look lost? She definitely wasn't, but maybe she gave off that impression. I'm not lost, she stated with a small shrug. I was just exploring, so not looking for anything in particular. She offered a small smile in return. I don't usually come to this side of the mountains, though. There was so much here that she had never seen; it made her feel small to think about just how much world there was out there.
Inuttuk
Common
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
In just a matter of minutes, the dark wolf had gathered a fair bit of info regarding his pale companion. She had made mention that she wandered frequently and that if he would share the names of the family he sought, she might have been able to help. It seemed a natural flow of their conversation. She did not understand that offering all of the names of the Morningside wolves would likely be more overwhelming than helpful. Still, he did think that he could share the more vital members with her. Brave scrunched his features into a thoughtful expression before nodding and offering her a charming, "well the pack they belonged to was called Morningside. If you've come across anyone from a place like that, I'd love to be pointed in their direction." Then, the jade green of his vision latched onto her features with a quick smile. It felt like a good chunk of detail for her - a name to keep her ears tuned to instead of multiple that would be lost in a days memory. 

"Since you're a traveler though, I would love to hear about the most interesting place you've visited," the inky wolf then ventured. The wolf of the valley had found a liking for his vagabond existence; he would have loved to have brought a new place to explore back to his sister. Journey had a good head on her shoulders, but Brave never feared that she would turn him down if he presented her with an opportunity that seemed much too hard to resist.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Morningside. It didn't sound familiar. She shook her head, disappointment on her face. I'm sorry, I've never heard of that pack, she told him first. But I'll keep an ear out for any information. Where are you staying now in case I do find something out? It would do her no good to be on the look out for information regarding this pack if she didn't know where to deliver it. 

She had to think a few moments for an answer to his next question. Most places she visited were interesting for their own reasons but the most interesting had been the hot springs, even if she thought they were gross. On the other side of these mountains, there is a place with pools of warm water, she explained. It smells absolutely terrible, but it's very interesting to me that the water can be so warm. I want to return in the winter to see if anything has changed. She had passed by a few times last winter but the smell had always kept her from exploring further. If you're ever over there, you should check it out, she told him. Then she turned his question around on him. What about you? Have you and your sister found anything interesting while traveling? She was growing more intrigued by this stranger the longer they talked, and she wanted to know more about him.
Inuttuk
Common