Neverwinter Forest Into this world she entered quietly,
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
ft. goose grass

Neverwinter had some perculiar plants. Well, the wilds in general sometimes held oddities. Miriam never was one who knew about the herbal side compared to the medics of The Orchid, especially the Priestess. Sometimes she was curious about it, but at the time her mind was in the clouds, and cared none to their lessons.

So she didn't know about healing of herbs. Though it didn't mean she wasn't curious.

Some part of her wondered if it was edible.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Though Caerus wasn't too keen on her children, he really didn't mind Miriam. She was pretty, welcoming, and minded her business- he really couldn't find a single thing to complain about in her, even though he was a picky child. It was a wonder how a jerk like Asmoses had somehow come from her. 

When he spotted her, unlike he would with his half siblings he did not avoid her, instead approached curiously even, ruby eyes falling to the plant she was watching. what's that? He murmured gently, settling himself beside her with a curious cant of his head.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Hello there Caerus," Miriam gently smiled at the growing boy. She didn't know about the ordeals over Asmoses or the other children, though was a bit concerned to where her son was getting such improper language.. She doesn't swear, and worried who was. Her mind never crossed to the heart-stamped wolf, she wouldn't think a child would speak such language.

"I'm not sure," she sighed through her smile, "I don't know much about herbs. I'm a bit too old at this point." The maiden wasn't too old, as she was nearly three, but felt it was a bit too late to try and dwelve into the arts of herbology. Seeing how it took the Priestess decades, since birth to learn so, she felt the time wasn't right anymore.

A shame to miss the chance.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She wasn't sure, she said. Caerus frowned at her next comment; she seemed a touch sad, he thought. nonsense, He retorted, you're not old. if you want to learn, i think you can just do it. He glanced back down to the plant before them, we can always just... experiment with it on our own, and find out what it is, He offered with a shrug. Sure, they wouldn't necessarily have a name for it, but wasn't its use a lot more relevant?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Youre very kind, Caerus," Miriam offered the boy a gentle smile as he argued to her thoughtlines. Though she didn't hold confidence on her ability to do so, and worried about failure, "how would one experiment?" She then questioned. It was a worry however, if it was poison.. If so, she was respondsible enough to dispose of it.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She complimented him as very kind- and thank god she hadn't heard him swearing at her son. As for experimentation, Caerus was too chaotic to consider the notion that a poison might exist. Instead, well... we could just chew it up, and rub it on things and see what it does. my dad kinda does that? He frowned, thinking it might be better to test on a wound... do you have any cuts right now?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I would prefer you let me do that." She had doubts it was poison, but still the thought passed. Curiously enough it sounded like an idea to do, but definitely not for him to do so. If there was a risk, she would prefer it herself. 

"I have a few on my paws," Miriam said, lifting up her paw and showing her pads, they held minor scratches that no longer bled, but it still held a bit of irritation at times, "do you?"
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She said she'd prefer if she could do it, and Caerus nodded slowly, respectful of her boundaries. When she held up her paws to show, the boy winced slightly- cuts on the pawpads sounded painful. Caerus' pawpads would toughen like an adult's eventually, but for now they were still somewhat soft, and thus felt vulnerable. She asked after his, and he twisted to show her the outside part of his rught foreleg, where a long, slim cut trailed. the other day i was walking and accidentally snagged it on a thorn. it didn't hurt much anymore... but it was still healing, and perhaps a valid place to test a new ointment.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"We will test it on me, then you, alright?" Especially if there was any irritation after apply. She moved the herb to herself and was motioning to chew it before Caerus could. If he did let her so, she would continue to chew before slipping it onto her own paw.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She suggested they test it on her first. Caerus smiled lightly at her kindness, and watched without interfering as she went to chew it, putting it on her paw once it had become a fine ointment. How does it feel? Any sting? He wondered first. Of course, the long-term effects of the onitment's healing capabilities might take more time to show- but initially it was best to gather information on if there was any irritation.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Alongside did she smile to the younger Caerus, "No, perhaps it is ointment." Which was a thankful thing, as Miriam wouldn't want her mouth to sting for the next few days. She was also rather pleased to gain some knowledge to something of the medical arts, even if her age, it felt like she was past the prime to learn.

"Your fathers would be proud."
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He smiled at him and his gaze fell somewhat awkwardly, finding it hard to look her in the eye too long. But she called it an ointment and he nodded slightly, if it does anything for your cuts- like heals them faster, if you notice that- can you let me know? He asked, and added, actually, I'll try it myself. we can... both observe. He murmured, and took a mouthful of the stuff too, chewing thoroughly before wiping some on his own cut. 

To her statement, he looked back to her in surprise, blushing to the compliment and smiling. th-thank you, He chirped, and um, thank you for helping me learn, too.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
fade?

She wasn't aware of any troubles he caused, much less to her own children. She saw them all get along, and as Caerus as an elder brother who helped them so. She saw him as but a young child in the same struggles of rather a hectic family, and something inkling a need of protection, like the rest needed.

"You'll be my personal doctor," she chuckled slightly, nodding and agreeing to his terms. She didn't mind too much, as she held confidence that as Caerus grew, he would in being a medic. Miriam did not think much of any issues if she would get hurt, and with help of Cupid as well, she felt safe enough. If memories serves there was also others, but she was not familiar with them.

"We can learn together." She saw him as a cute boy as he stuttered so, "would you care for a walk? Perhaps we can see if there is more located around."
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
perfect! thank youuu<3

She called him her personal doctor, and he laughed light-heartedly, beaming. Her presence was so warm, and for a moment he thought perhaps it was not such a bad thing that Mal had her here with him. Caerus enjoyed her company too. sure! He replied when she offered they walk together now, and the boy would follow wherever she might lead, a joyful spring in his step.