"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Private 
Setting: Evening — 1945
Weather: 73F — slightly cloudy, sunset, breeze.
Tags: @Atropos

The monster of a mutt toes down and around the mountains, towards the neighboring lake conjured from the glacial waters above. He’s not here for any particular reason, but he is wary. With Ursus being only a days length away from them he has to be on edge. The once sought alliance quickly souring; all for what? An ignorant pup who didn’t even die? Petty, idiotic of them. They underestimate Donovan’s ability it seems. Take his hospitality and alliance for granted.

He’s still heated as he walks along the bank of the lake. Finally leaning down to lap at the icy liquid. Bowing his upper half, muscles shifting beneath a brilliant coat. Tail curling over his back, he’s not like most wolves.
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
There was nothing for her here, in this place of tranquility and silence. Nothing for the creature comprised of the exact opposite, her head swirling with clamor and cacophany, not to be mistaken with something akin to turmoil. There was nothing of the sort within the Fate, taken to her life without grievance or complaint. She simply existed and acted as instinct told her to, it's guiding hand having never steered her wrong.

Her existence in this moment was at this lake, a landscape so serene that it seemed like and loud noise would disrupt it. Others might have enjoyed such serenity, such beauty, but the red wraith was not others. She had come here to lie in wait and watch the banks for the prey that would undoubtedly gravitate here. Earlier there had been a buck with his small herd but there had been no young and no sickly. With as many prongs as the male had, Atropos could not chance an encounter with him and she, alone, was not enough to herd a full grown doe away from her herd.

So still, she waited, lying as a sphinx might, forearms propping her up and her spine twisted so that one leg lay beneath her body and the other stretched to the side. Upwind of the lake's newest visitor, Atropos had no indication of the presence of another and he was yet too far for her to hear him.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The brute takes his last lap of water, black tongue running along his whiskers and nose collecting any stray droplets. He even turn to head on his way when he spots another distinctly wolf looking form. To this he raises a circular brow inquisitively. A light, curious smile blooming in his scarred, yet handsome face. 

Approaching them, he doesn’t try to hide himself. His massive form almost impossible to do so anyway. Rather he waltz towards said stranger. Body language confident but not necessarily dominant. He has a strong pep in his step, an easy swagger to his form as he descends upon this new oddity of a wolf. Such striking red fur meets his eyes and obvious scars across their neck menacingly. They’ve seen battle then. 

He doesn’t come too close though, staying a comfortable twelve feet from said wolf. The brindled male tilts his chin up to them, a charming, playful, and perhaps borderline mischievous smile on his maw. His dancing yellow hues watch her cautiously.

“And who might you be?” He asks casually. Friendly enough, confidence clear in his voice and aura. “Haven’t seen you near these parts yet.” Comes his pointless comment. Him informing her that he’s been around long enough he might recognize most.
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Eventually, the creature heard him, a single ear swiveling to listen as he approached. His footfalls sounded heavy, his breathing even. Since she had lost her eye, Atropos had been gifted with a sharpened ability to hear. She had found it odd at first, frustrating when things got too loud, but the sensitivity had long since passed. His voice was smarmy and prideful, spitting stupidity in the span of time it took for her to draw in a breath.

Head turned slightly, careful to not show her weakness just yet, left eye focusing on him. He looked a wretch, colorful and bright, sure of himself. Annoying. The wolf's lip twitched, a movement that meant nothing, while silence stretched between them. There was a thought to simply not respond, but he seemed the type to badger and bother.

The words formed slowly, grating from her throat like a monster crawled from the depths. You have not. Short and concise, the wolf would find his jovial attitude rebuked, unwanted. Atropos was a friend to none.

What do you want. The question was delivered flatly. No wolf simply stopped for a chat. No, others only approached when they wanted something. Needed something. What would it be, for him?
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s not put off by her snide behavior, the scars, or even the rasp of her damaged voice. He sees a powerful huntress, one that could be deadly. One that could aid him. Yet somehow he believes this one would be tough to crack. Hell, he probably won’t crack her at all, but why not try? He needed some entertainment even though the broken alliance with Ursus is providing just enough.

He rumbles out a low chain of laughter, nothing too extravagant. It’s quiet enough to miss but his smile still remains as he eyes down this damaged yet alluring shewolf. He dares to take another absentminded step forward, perhaps to hear her better.

“What? Can’t I have a little chat with a visitor of the mountains?” He asks softly, a circular brow tilting upwards. “Name’s Kynareth.” He adds even if she doesn’t want it. “Now, wouldn’t want to give me your name now, beautiful?” Comes his inquiry. The compliment genuine, he doesn’t find scars ugly, rather he finds that they tell a story of brutality.
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
He laughs and her eye narrows, watching in that cold, calculating way as he rolled the dice and moved closer. She did not overtly react or move but there gained a stillness in her, the snaked winding its coils as it prepared to strike. Make no mistake, Atropos was no rattlesnake. She would not warn him or threaten him before sinking her fangs into him.

Another answer came, brazen and blunt: No. Was it the answer to only one question? Two? Only the wraith knew and the wraith was not one to reveal her cards, her poker face firm and unrelenting. The name, the flirtation, the charm, his efforts in general. All of it was wasted upon the monster that lie in wait.

What do you want? She intoned again, the snake ready and poised.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He isn’t surprised or cautious of her suspicious behavior. The cards she keeps close to her chest. He watches her closely, sees the potential still ness in her maroon tinted pelt. He himself is a seasoned warrior and if she wished a battle, then he would give her one. Though he wishes not to fight with this one, for she piques his interest in a different kind of way.

Unfazed by her sternness he lowers his haunches into a sitting position — casual. “Come now, darling, I’m not gonna attack you.” Unless you ask for it. “I see potential in you. An offer that could be mutually beneficial.”
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Sorry it took me a few days!

A soft snort of derision left her muzzle, some unknown emotion passing through her singular eye like a leviathan in the deep rising up to catch a breath of air before sinking to the depths once more. It wasn't confidence, no, but something more between self-assured and disinterest; The man draped himself in bravado and some misguided sense of self-importance. He wasn't going to hurt her. He saw potential in her. Had she a more developed sense of humor, Atropos might have laughed.

There is nothing you can offer that I will serve to benefit from. She was no pawn in some wolf-dog's game, and unless he spat whatever he wanted from her out, then he would continue bashing his head against a stone wall until he either gave in or she got up to be on her way.

The third time she asked, her head turned to fix her abbysal gaze fully upon him. What is it that you want?
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan chuckles at the scoff she throws his way. She’s a tough one to crack. She’s unconvinced, yet he is not one to give up so eagerly. Perhaps she wants him to give up though. Oh well.

He tilts his head. “I severely doubt that, darling.” He hums back. Then his smile widens at her repeated question. “I want you to join my pack, allow me to make you a Saint.” He offers back.

“You will have others to watch your back, a roof over your head, food, water. All I want is your loyalty and in turn you have the pack’s loyalty as well.” He tilts his chin up to her, sly smile in his handsome face. “You seem stubborn though, dear. Any way I could convince you?” He jests. Then more seriously he speaks once more. “What do you want?”
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
He could doubt her until he was blue in the face. It would make no difference to the red wraith if he did or not, though if he keeled over from lack of oxygen, at least she would no longer be bothered with the mangy sight of him, or the grating sound of his voice. Still, she remained quiet as he spoke, finally revealing why it was that he approached her, and why he was so persistent in this conversation.

He led a pack. He wanted her to join and only wanted her loyalty in return. Her answer was delivered, swift and succint. Once more, you have nothing that I serve to benefit from. Rising then, Atropos stood from her lazing position and faced him directly, though she did not close their distance even an inch. I would serve a dog no sooner than I would a rabbit.

Raising her head slightly, she kept her singular eye steady on him, watching his movements. You may be on your way now. To her, the conversation was páno apó. Over.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Sorry Don is a dumb boy dog :’> gotta make him gross lol

The denial — it only makes him more interested. He loves a woman who can speak her mind. So even as she speaks of rabbits and dogs he chuckles. 

You may be on your way now.

His head tilts, thick auds pointing in her direction. His smile becomes much more curious, teasing almost. “Oh. Perhaps I’m more interested in you then, darling.” He hums like the horndog he is. His handsome face twisted into a sly smile.
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
-smacks the SHORTEST POST YET button

His sudden shift is not appreciated and the wraith would curl her lips to display a very clear, very straight-forward threat. Try it and see what happens.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan chuckles. It’s a rumbling short noise that bubbles past his lips. “Oh? And what if I want to?” He asks, golden hues watching her intently. He could be baiting her for a fight. Surely like a bull to red, she will take the bate. He can feel it. Even though his teasing is helpless and only for fun, he loves a woman who doesn’t put up with shit.

“But what if I’m actually interested in getting to know you better? Still wouldn’t want me?” He asks with a cock of his massive head. He doesn’t dare move a muscle awaiting what she might say or do. He will not be surprised if teeth find a nice comfy spot on his pelt somewhere.
23 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Where he had started out as a hybrid, the more lack of self-preservation he showed, the less the red draped wraith thought of him. The dog was a fool, to a most extreme extent, and Atropos had no time for fools. She would sooner cut their strings short than deal with their antics. This one though, this one did not deserve her teeth, not because he had not earned her spiteful ire (he had) but because she could feel the whispers of some greater, more deserved end. Her sisters had not yet plucked his string, it seemed.

It was to her feet that she got, eyeing him cooly under that singular gaze now that the irritation had given way to spiritual understanding. His time would come. She was sure of it; it was just not yet her time to cut that string short. As a way of answer, Atropos would turn from him to walk away, a silent end to their "conversation" as far as she was concerned. Of course, if he followed, there was no telling what would happen.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Thanks for the thread! It was worth a try haha! Sorry Don is gross and annoying lol

Kynareth’s surprised he has begun a fight with the other wolf. Fully intending on bothering her until she wanted to talk to him like most men do. This time, she doesn’t even entertain him. How sad, truly. He fairly disappointed, but what can he do unless he really does want to have a fight with her. He’s sure she won’t be so nice if he tries to bother her once more. 

Shit, he tried at least. “Fine, dear, it seems you have other places to be that don’t require my presence.” He chuckles. “Have a good one.” He hums finally as he begins trotting away. It’s not fun unless they get mad. Or they’re actually playing back with him. So his business is done here — sadly.