Firestone Hot Springs blood in the water,
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
"Would you tell me, of your experience with it?"

Truthfully what was there to say about war that wasn't already common knowledge. There was no glory in taking a life, only pain. War is a result of hate, indifference, but more importantly the need to take action to make a change where words could not. No one wins, there is only one who loses less. My experience? What is there to tell that is not violence and bloodshed? If I am to be more personable, then I admit, once I carried a title equal to that of a war general. I learned that everything has its price. Make sure what you are getting is worth what you will have to pay. She was aware Hydra was smart, but that did not make her immune to mistakes. Even if she had all the power of the wilds, it was best to keep one's head on their shoulders. Get too cocky and you will be face to face with your demise, or worse, the death of loved ones.

The Count fell silent as Hydra continued. She too knew what could come about if the Saints were left unchecked, though this is now the second time she's heard of them holding an alliance...or used to at least. Hua had filled her in on recent news of the Saints. Supposedly a spy had given her some information they likely wouldn't want to get out. They had no allies, no one to back them up should it come to clashing fangs. You speak of Ursus? The name was still unfamiliar to her, but the more she learned the more they appeared to be more of a threat than the band of self-proclaimed savages they had chased away back in spring.

I know little of them, but the more I hear the more my levels of concern rise. I think you'll be pleased to know though, that they no longer ally themselves with the Saints of the Dying Light. Hua had a spy who informed her of their alliance crumbling. Though they were not allied, that still left the new issue of Ursus. From what she had heard, they laid close to her family in Easthollow. They seemed to be less aware of the dangers stirring past the mountain range, but all too familiar with those that declared themselves neighbors.

I am not a woman who seeks the blood of others, but make no mistake I will do what I must to ensure my family's safety. I am not against a permanent solution, but this does not involve solely myself. I have children to raise, a pack to guide, and this concerns their lives as well. I need to know that they will be ready to fight should the need arise. What kind of leader would she be should she not put the wants of her people first. She could not drag them into a war when many sought peaceful lives. Peace came at a price though, and she knew it only lasted so long without interference. She would have to discuss with her council and vet their opinions.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
blood in the water, - by Hydra - October 13, 2020, 02:21 PM
RE: blood in the water, - by Ira - October 13, 2020, 03:38 PM
RE: blood in the water, - by Hydra - October 13, 2020, 03:56 PM
RE: blood in the water, - by Ira - October 13, 2020, 08:04 PM
RE: blood in the water, - by Hydra - October 22, 2020, 07:02 AM
RE: blood in the water, - by Ira - October 25, 2020, 02:29 AM
RE: blood in the water, - by Hydra - November 12, 2020, 11:47 PM
RE: blood in the water, - by Ira - November 13, 2020, 12:40 AM
RE: blood in the water, - by Hydra - November 13, 2020, 09:26 AM
RE: blood in the water, - by Ira - November 13, 2020, 05:22 PM