Firefly Glen I search for you at night
。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
All Welcome 
Setting: Early evening at Heartspear lake (refer to internal territories)
AW! Luna gotta meet some more Glen peeps ;)

"Hmmm..."

The obsidian huntress could be found slowly pacing the shores of the lake, eyeing it's surface for any ripples of movement. Her entire life revolved around the food she caught and returned back to her tribe -- whether it be rabbits, deer (with the help of others), a few weasels here and there -- basically anything she could get her maws around. But for some odd reason, fishing was always a harrowing task.

It was like trying to catch the last bit of cereal swimming around in your bowl of milk -- good luck catching that shit without going insane. 

Similarly with fishing, Lunaria had fond memories of slapping the water's surface in frustration and nearly drowning herself trying to catch one. Perhaps it was because she was bad at holding her breath, or that the ripples of the water affected her accuracy; it was a skill, to put it in the nicest way, that Lunaria wasn't well-versed in.

Still though, if the raven was to become a skilled hunter, she'd need to broaden towards those sub areas with ease.

And so Lunaria continued to peer into the lake to keep a watch out for her target. Hopefully it was salmon. Was salmon even active in these colder seasons? Luna sure hoped they were for her own convince, because they tasted the best.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
I kept meaning to reply to this!!
Like her packmate, Toad had been hunting for other things in the dusk. Osiris had given her the important and long-standing task of tracking the herds near their new home. While she had done so diligently, there was also the matter of finding smaller prey to fill the caches.
Being a huntress meant that she needed to help secure their food supply. There was at some point only so much watching and waiting she could do before Toad needed to jump in head first and figure out exactly what needed to happen.
Toad had headed over to the lake to think, but when she arrived, someone else was already there. A black wolf rounded the surface of the water. Her eyes were stark, gorgeous, young. Toad nodded and chuffed on arrival, loping quickly toward the young woman in greeting. Are you out fishing? she wondered, noting the dilated eyes of the other. Though Toad was indeed a hunter, she was in fact a terrible fisherwoman.
Moonspear and Firefly Glen members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Thanks for joining! :D

"Oh?" The dark she-wolf's illuminaries shifted to the voice and incoming scent of a woman who, while she hadn't met in person before, she'd definitely seen in passing. There were many in the glen Luna had yet to meet, so she was greatful for another's company  and greeted them with a gentle wave of her tail. To the toad-like dame's question, Luna would throw her head back dramatically and let out a frustrated grunt at the whole ordeal. "'Fishing' would be an overstatement; at this point I feel like I'm fighting with the damn things..." the huntress told with a frown, which slowly morphed into a wide grin and the hint of a sniker. "If only prey would do what you'd tell them to and let us do our thing,  am I right?"

Now that Introductory jest were outta the way; it was on to actual introductions. "My name is Lunaria, the lousy fisher. Nice to meet you." Well, we can add one more corny joke in there while we're at it, not that Luna could help it anyway....
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Toad chuckled, knowing well that fish were not easy targets to capture. She nodded in agreement. Yeah if only they'd leap out of the water into our mouths, she followed. She had heard a story once about the way that bears caught fish this way, standing in the water and waiting for the fish to just fall into them. She had never seen it, and assumed this was merely a legend.

I'm Toad Amelia, she answered back, pleasant as ever. She nodded her head and gave a friendly sniff to her pack mate, whom she'd never properly met before. I'm no good either. I don't even know how to spot them through the water, she said, looking at the surface of the lake. The water seemed murky, and though she could see the vague shadows of smaller fish, she didn't know how one was supposed to catch the things.
Moonspear and Firefly Glen members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"Toad Amelia, huh?" A rather strange name on the ears of first time listeners -- but a memorable one as well. Whatever could've sparked the idea for her parents to name the dame after an amphibian was beyond Luna's knowledge. Then again, Luna was named after some extraterrestrial space goddess she never even believed existed, so oh well...

"I guess we can both sit here and mope together then?" The raven said while allowing the woman to sniff her, thumping her tail against the spot next to her in hopes that Toad could take a seat. A little company couldn't hurt.
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Lunaria suggested they mope, and Toad gladly sat beside her, eyeballing the murky waters of the lake. How big do you think the biggest fish is in there? She asked, reaching out with a paw to poke her toe into the water. When she did, she saw something startle beneath the surface some distance away. The hunter retracted her paw, shaking it off and frowning.

Toad had heard of legendary fish that lived out at sea. Back home, too, there was the story of Gojibaira, a fish that tried to swallow the sun. Although Toad doubted that there was a scaly critter that was quite so massive within the waters of Heartspear, she liked to think that at least one big carp was hanging out somewhere in the center at the bottom. She looked at Lunaria, curious.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
I give you full permission to stab me for taking too long to reply to this

As the frog lady (or....toad lady. What was the difference between toads and frogs anyway? meh...) sat next to Luna, she leaned into her shoulder and bumped it with a goofy smile. Next, her bright gaze followed the movement of her paw toward the surface -- then jumped a bit when she suddenly drew back. Was a fish spotted? The hunter must've not been paying attention....no wonder she was such a shitty fisher....

Amelia's dark gaze trailed back up to Luna as she went on to ask a question that really had the raven pondering: What was the biggest fish that could be found here? She recalled her past when tribe members would return home with large salmon, sometimes stuffed with thousands of weird, cylindrical crap they called "roe" (and if you asked Luna, it was too salty for her taste). In comparison, she recalled her first day spent on a beach -- where she'd met her first friend and how they'd spotted some of the largest fish she'd ever seen in her life. Lunaria remembered how excited she was to see them for the first time and had a sudden urge to share her experience with Toad. 

So, with a wide grin on her face, and forepaws shifting excitedly on the ground, she turned to Amelia again and followed up Toad's question with her own: "Have you ever heard of this, like, really large lake called the ocean?"
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
I mean I stabbed Toad already so — I'm going to fade this here because it's hard to write a dead character

Ah, the ocean. Ocean, sea, the big lake, it goes by so many names! Toad exclaimed, grinning and nodding. It sounded like Lunaria had only recently discovered the existence of the huge body of water. Even though Toad had heard of it, she had really only been to the shore once. The Wilds had kept her busy trying to find her family within the interior.

Little did she know that soon enough, Kukutux would once again give her reason to find the ocean again. Miles away, a lonely father @Aiolos and son waited for one like her to brighten their days again. Hope was on the horizon for Toad in the form of the sea, but for the time being, she was content to sit by the lake with her dark-coated pack mate.

They stayed for a while, trading knowledge about the mysterious Big Blue. Toad decided early on that she liked this girl.