Redhawk Caldera There's no reason to get hurt
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia wanted to ask Wraen to elaborate a bit on that, because the way she said 'not much to go back to' implied that something had perhaps happened.  If she'd just meant that Arcturus and Penn were probably following, wouldn't she have just said that everything was coming to them instead?

Insead, Wraen brought up Eljay, and Maia nodded, ducking a little self-consciously.  She couldn't help but smile, although as much as Maia wanted to share everything, she knew it came with some complications.  He's doing really well, actually.  He seems really happy here.  And.... we had a talk.  He told me he liked me, which is pretty crazy, and I finally told him about it too.

Maia watched for a reaction from Wraen, wondering if she'd be happy about it.  She assumed so, usually Wraen was happy when she was, but after their talk Maia wasn't sure what opinion her big sister had of Eljay.  Did she approve?  I know he doesn't want to leave, and I don't want to stay here and stop traveling with you.  So I don't know what it's going to look like.  But I was thinking... maybe, if we didn't have to go too far?  Her voice pitched up a little hopefully.  She was self-conscious asking for it because it felt like a lot, but she had to try.  Then, maybe, I could... do both.  Stay with you, but still see him more?

She stopped then to let Wraen respond, and she could feel her heart beating a little faster nervously.  Wraen's opinion meant more to her than Towhee's, than Phox's had, even probably more than Eljay's.

WC: 273
Messages In This Thread
There's no reason to get hurt - by Wraen - November 12, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Maia - November 12, 2020, 02:07 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Wraen - November 12, 2020, 02:21 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Maia - November 12, 2020, 02:28 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Wraen - November 12, 2020, 02:38 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Maia - November 12, 2020, 03:47 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Wraen - November 14, 2020, 01:20 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Maia - November 14, 2020, 06:12 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Wraen - November 15, 2020, 03:19 PM
RE: There's no reason to get hurt - by Maia - November 16, 2020, 11:42 AM