Hideaway Strath If the sky is pink and white
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
All Welcome 

Kynareth knows the grey viper of a wolf is keen and swift on her feet and for this reason he’ll be sending her out on a mission before he departs to Moonspear. She’s quick and agile, this allows her to easily sneak. Clearly she also has a sharp mind and a mouth at that too. He can rely on her to clear this mission easy enough.

So he stands near the mouth of the Strath, teetering on the edge of the voluminous river that splits their territory. He tilts his head up to howl for the ashen woman, he will patiently await her arrival to give her the details.
43 Posts
Ooc —
Since the public display Kynareth had made, Evelynn laid low. More had joined their ranks, though how sane they were had yet to be determined. They had missed the execution and until further inspection, the morals of those who stayed were jumbled and undecided. Kill all they want, that did not concern the siren so long as she kept her own life. Brutes and savages would do as they pleased, but as things stood currently she had no power to keep herself untouchable. Something that would need to change and quickly if she were to stay within the strath.

Perhaps it was luck that the Grandmaster's call rang out for her, or maybe it was a sentence. After all, she might have chased the intruder, but she did not follow his command. She needed to gain favor, something to make her indispensable. The silver woman traveled to the source of the call, careful to not waste any time responding. When the hulking frame of her leader came into view, an easy smile graced her features, Something the matter?
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Eventually the Acolyte appears and he’s resting his molten hot eyes upon her, a smile slowly crawling onto his face. “I have a task for you, darling. It should be fun for you too.” He begins vaguely, but continues nonetheless. 

“I want you to go on a scouting mission for us if you’d be so kind to agree. Your main target being Ursus. Watch them for a few days. Find out their patterns, their mannerisms, and who protects their borders most often, and what times they usually switch out. Look for weaknesses in their defenses and if possible scout for any odd entrances to their so called impenetrable fortress.” He casually shifts his weight to his other legs. “And if you’re feeling it, have a gander at the others surrounding packs if you think you can get away with it too.” 

Then he’s lowering his head to her, his eyes full of malicious intent for their enemies and his smirk dangerous and full of hurtful promise. “Sound doable? Feel free to speak your mind.” 

Though he doesn’t want to say it, he wants to threaten her. Don’t make the same mistake Nyra did. Or even worse: Renard and Praimfaya or she’d be on his hit list too. Depending on the severity of her mistake and how genuine he believes it was just that — a mistake and not purposeful — she could end up like Nyra or Aya. He’d let her choose.
43 Posts
Ooc —
A task? The grin that slowed across his features was more than ominous paired with his words. He was being vague, though she wouldn't have to wait long to ask for clarification. Kynareth had no issue continuing without a prompt. She was to scout out some packs, specifically Ursus. Interesting that he wanted to send her now and not before they traveled two mountain ranges. Hadn't they been worlds closer before the longggg trip to the strath?

Evelynn wouldn't hide the groan at the thought of backtracking such a distance, but she didn't outright oppose it just yet. She had wanted more information on Ursus from the start and since she hadn't exactly received her answers here, perhaps the best way was to seek the pack out herself. That little problem of yours? Aren't they on the other side of the Teekons? The diva had never trekked further than the canyons since shortly after her joining Kynareth had decided to up and move the whole of his operations. At least she had an idea of the land between here and the last base, but what lay beyond those mountains was a mystery.

Funny, I recall you warning me to stay away from those wolves when we first met.Dangerous, yes, with a love for "cute little chew toys" if she remembered the grandmaster's words correctly. Danger meant power though, something she could use if she played her cards right. I'll find a way. Anywhere more specific to scout aside from Ursus? There's bound to be a dozen pack between them and us. Of course, I could just stop at any pack I pass along the way.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“Sadly they are.” He answers back. “They’re a bit of a ways away, but when the war finally starts we’ll all be making that trek.” Then he lowers his head and a malicious smile crawls into his maw. “But you dear, you will be our eyes and ears. And yes, just keep on the lookout for any packs you pass. When you reach the northern most peak of the mountain, slightly to the east, there’s a forest and a pack that resides within. Neverwinter Forest. Take a peak for me if you could and if you can find any updated information on the state of their Beta, Simmik then do so. Heard she isn’t fairing too well.” He says the words masking his true emotions on the subject. He’s concerned for her. Wants to know if she’s at least moderately okay. For now though, he makes it sound like she could be weak for potential attack. 

He shrugs now. “Besides that, that’s all I have. Note the locations of each pack you pass, please.” His golden orbs shine gleefully down to her. “I’d rest up, you’ll need to leave soon.”
43 Posts
Ooc —
Evelynn couldn't help but be amused. This man was so bloodthirsty he was willing to trek halfway across the world and back for war. Hadn't they moved to avoid one? Oh well, there was no changing the mind of the mad. As for if Kynareth was actually mad she had yet to decide. That man that followed the execution though, he was mad. Disease ridden, matted, and ugly. He too thirsted blood, that had been clear from the start from his words to the way he held himself. If Kynareth was the same he at least hid that lust in his gaze.

She listened to the instructions carefully and noted the name Neverwinter to keep in her memory. Somewhere northeast of the strath it seemed, but something she could pass along her way home. Honestly, her task seemed rather open-ended. She might as well scout all of the Teekons at this rate, but of course, Ursus came first. Anything else, Dear? She'd hold back the eye roll, but it was likely evident from her tone how ridiculous it seemed to send her running all over the place, but perhaps he hadn't the scouts to spare and she was the only valuable one. The thought lessened her annoyance, if only slightly.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s grinning and letting a laugh rumble from his chest as he looks upon her. “No, that’s it.” He confirms with a curt nod. “Really, your only concern is Ursus. They are the mission. The others are just bonuses. Feel free to do as you wish.” He offers, he can see the exhaustion on her face. After all, he’s not that picky. 

“I wish you luck, dearest. And while you’re out there please —“ a light pause as his golden eyes stare into her own, his smile dying slightly. “— remember where your loyalties lie and you’ll be rewarded greatly.” It’s an almost threat, but if not more than that a sincere promise of something much, much better — a reward.

Then he’s righting himself and sitting up straighter, less in her face, his smile returns. “Now, go rest up, Evelynn.” Is his polite offering for her to make her leave if she so wishes.
43 Posts
Ooc —
For some reason, Kynareth had the audacity to laugh. She had been playing of course, but he hadn't even bothered to give her the satisfaction of a tease. However, he did tower over her, a looming presence as his smile faltered, gold meeting gold with an intensity that seemed to speak louder than his words. Was he really threatening her? Now she laughed, a paw waving in the air to dismiss him as he ended on a lighter note.

It seemed that the grandmaster had forgotten his words back in the mountains. Her loyalty must be earned, but fear not, for now, she was generous. Don't worry that pretty face of yours, you'll get wrinkles. But no promises. As Kynareth pulled away from her personal bubble, a content smirk sat on her maw as she turned to leave. I'll get you the information you seek.