Whitefish River running forever, if they should catch me
first rate heartbreak
16 Posts
Ooc — Sen
All Welcome 
Counting thread toward Haiku's Scout trade.

The Thawdrift entered the Teekon Wilds from the West. Often travelers looked to travel West to venture to new horizons, but the Mackenzie deviated from pioneers prior that followed the setting sun. He was about chasing the sunrise, meeting to greet the day’s light as it peaked over the mountain ranges of the East. Traveling during the daytime hours was much more feasible for the male. Winter was in full effect and the warm sensation of the sun against his downy, wispy pelage always put him in a sunny mood (pun intended) Though he knew he looked to wander eastward, he wasn’t exactly sure where he was destined to go. Quite frankly, he didn’t care where.

From Tuktu Hinterlands to Great Bear Wilderness, the carob colored male traversed through the two major territories with a decent pace. Finally making it to Kintla Flatlands (and unknowingly crossing into a third major territory in the terrain), he followed the Whitefish River up to a certain point where the freshwater smell turned into marked scents of a pack territory. It had been hundreds of miles since he interacted with someone other than a lone wolf.

Sniffing around the perimeter of the borders, Haiku was mindful to keep a respectable distance from where unofficial went into official grounds. When his nose satiated itself taking in all the new scents and smells of this region at the border, Haiku would stand at the borders' edge to patiently wait. He contemplated howling to call attention to the pack that resided here but figured he was in no rush to do so (and didn't consider himself that special of a presence to be expected at their doorstep) Surely if the pack was mindful of patrolling their borders, it wouldn’t be a long wait.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Of course, Hieronymous was patrolling. As the time to go after the bear was approaching, he was becoming more restless each day. He patrolled the borders more often than usual, sleep didn't come easy these days and probably wouldn't until the threat was finally dealt with. So he spent the majority of his days fishing, getting to know the members during their waking hours, and finally, patrolling.

Seeing a stranger upon the borders as he wandered Kaistleoki's boundaries was not a surprise to him anymore, their borders were very busy lately - it was refreshing to be noticed again by outsiders and he couldn't help but wonder that maybe, their name was spreading over the plains and mountains. 

Hello! He called first while approaching from a distance, making his presence known before standing face to face with the lad. You've reached Kaistleoki, I am their Constable, Hieronymous He offered a quick bow, the usual stuff with what he thought was a polite greeting. How may I help you? It was starting to sound like a recording at this point, repeating the same scripted greeted. Perhaps things were getting a little stale - a new thought that began to infiltrate his mind.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
GOT SUNSHINE IN A BAG
46 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
hope you don't mind this smol trade thread need too!

Considering the last time a wolf was at the border, Dorian was uneasy. He found the stranger's scent but was too late to get there - Hiero arrived first. He'd give a wag at the Constable, grinning before his eyes fell on the vagabond. Another flash of his teeth, in a friendly manner. 

Content to let Hiero deal with this, he sat a few steps back and simply took point to guard his buddy indirectly. If something went down, he'd call for back-up; but this was just one wolf. Then again, that trespasser had been just one wolf too. Look what happened!
2/5
0/5
first rate heartbreak
16 Posts
Ooc — Sen
In no time, the presence of a resident appeared. He was decorated in a tasteful and unique mottled blend of blacks and grays ranging from dark to light on their respective color spectrum. Sea green eyes shone, noting the brown segment of his right eye mimicking the blotched pattern of his pelage. His design was appealing to the eye for someone to Haiku whose own fur color had a specific hue that was particular to the area he ventured from. Receiving his name, rank, and the name of the pack that resided in these parts, the trio of information was succinct and prompt. Behind the Constable also appeared the presence of another, that male dressed in sharp agouti. This one seemed to merely observe the two behind Hieronymous but seemed to be as welcoming as the Constable was with his smile.

At Hieronymous’ jovial salutation, Haiku dipped his head in acknowledgment and greeting. ”Good day Hieronymous, and to you.” The Thawdrift responded with an amicable smile, tangerine eyes traveling between Hieronymous and the other. ”My name is Haiku, from the Gros Morne of the Appalachians. Have to say, for traveling what seems like hundreds of miles and just now coming upon a pack such as Kaistleoki, it feels good to see some friendly faces.” Haiku explained in light conversation, flashing a smile. It was definitely a feat to deal with mountain lions and bears out in the wild on your own terms when you didn’t have the security of a pack behind you.

”If it is not asking too much of your time today, I’d love to know more about Kaistleoki and the general information of these wilds overall. It’d be greatly beneficial to myself just passing through.” Haiku said, his bright orange gaze traveling amongst the pair. He was careful not to ask too much of them in one shot.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Dorian was quick to come to see the visitor, a welcomed companion in this meeting as the Constable dipped his head in a silent greeting to the new male who had quickly found his place among the riverside wolves. That does sound like quite the travel Haiku, I am happy to be one of the first faces you meet here. Wow, Hieronymous could only imagine all the things this guy had seen in his life - perhaps some things Hiero himself could relate to in his own time traveling before settling here. Such an exciting thought.

Hmm.. What should he say about the wilds here and of Kaistleoki? A quick glance over to his side where Dorian sat, he smiled before returning his attention to the traveler. I haven't left our borders in a long time I'm afraid, but what I can say is that there are plenty of packs, many of which are friendly - 'cept for the few you might want to be wary of. He'd leave it at that unless asked to go into further details. As for Kaistleoki, we are a pack that strives for individual growth. Dorian here is our newest member, he could possibly tell you something as an outsider coming in - rather than my own bias oppinion.

He stepped aside to give Dorian a bit of the limelight to talk to their visitor.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
GOT SUNSHINE IN A BAG
46 Posts
Ooc — Lackadaisy
It was a lot of talking. Dorian knew this is how it worked, how everything nearly worked in the world. It was either talk it out or fight it out. It wasn't both at once unless you got into a shouting match with someone over a piece of rock or food. He was glad that it was like this right now, considering the trespasser previously.

The man - Haiku - wanted to know about the pack. Hiero was too eager to tell him. So Dorian sat there looking pretty until addressed. His ears piqued with interest as Hiero beckoned him. Rising, the coywolf walked a bit closer. The constable had all but given the official report of their pack. What else was there to say?

"They're super friendly and patient" he began, a low wag of his tail and grinning "Kaistleoki, I mean" except for that woman who had issues with Hiero but he shoved that aside "I haven't a problem fitting in so far. But yeah, like Hiero said; we're all about growing as individuals..." Friendly, kind and willing to learn new things. He would sum up the pack in that. 

"You just get to the Teekons?" he asked.
2/5
0/5