Whitefish River Just because I feel low right now
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Trade 
for @Hieronymous <3
early evening, clear, chilly

She was starting to get worried about Emrik. She thought he might be home by now, but he was still gone. Of course, he may have just decided to extend his trip, and she was overreacting, but she couldn't help the worry that settled in her chest over her mate. 

Aside from that, she was starting to feel like, as a member of the council, she should be able to defend herself a little better. She didn't know what might happen in the future, but she kept picturing herself with Malia and Mohe and no Emrik, trying to defend them with little skills to do so. She couldn't go out and look for her husband, but she could get lessons on basic fighting. 

So she searched out the best packmate for the job, tracking the Constable's scent through the territory and hoping he wasn't busy this evening.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hieronymous was up to his usual things. When everyone slumbered he made sure to deal with... bodily necessities before soiling himself unknowingly, it wasn't a glory filled life, but heck, he made it this far. He had finished a morning patrol, as well as some fishing to fill up the caches as much as possible before freezing to the bone, he dried off in the mid-day sun while having a quick nap - and now he was patrolling once more. His days were nothing but a clockwork of routines, it was dull at times but necessary. 

Once in a while, his routine would change as someone came along to talk or do something out of his ordinary day. It was a welcomed change and today, the lovely Speedy would the one to give today a little bit of twinkle. His ears caught her steps first, twisting over his shoulder to shoot her a bright-eyed glance along with the signature Hieronymous smile. Good afternoon Speedy, how are you today? A sway in his tail noted how delighted he was in seeing his fellow Council member.

On a note... did she already know of Orlaith's demotion? Of the Empire's falling? He didn't want to tell her just yet... he had broken enough bad news to Ira already, today was to be a good day.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She had definitely been better. She found it hard to relax on a normal day, but with everything going on, it had become almost impossible. But the Constable had his own set of worries, and the healer refused to dump her stuff on him. She was supposed to be taking care of him and the rest of the pack, not the other way around. Emrik was the one she would usually confide in, but he had not returned yet. 

Keeping her worries to herself, she smiled at her friend. I'm okay, she told him. How are you? Before getting into her reason for seeking him out, she would give him a chance to bring up anything he needed to talk about. She knew he had plenty to worry about, as well, and she had already told him that she was here to listen if he needed it.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
He noted how she looked tired, more so than usual at least. It was worrisome to see - but he didn't think it was polite to point out to a lady how fatigued they may look. Afraid that maybe it would be taken as some kind of insult despite the good intentions. He chalked it up to Emrik still not being anywhere, which was definitely unlike him... it must certainly be weighing on her heavily. 

Things have gotten quieter, I can finally breathe again. He said in light jest of the times - in fact, things have indeed quieted down a bit, for better or for worse. At least he wasn't running around constantly trying to keep things together while everyone just seemed to be working against him. No signs of Orlaith either to pester him or question his decisions...

For now he offered the healer an inquisitive look, wondering what in the world could be going on in the Chamberlain's mind to be approaching him now other than just pleasantries.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was relieved to hear he had some time to rest. Good, she told him with a warm smile. You deserve it. He did so much for the pack; she liked to hear that he had some time for himself. 

But she had never been very good at hiding her mood or her feelings, and so he had sussed out on his own that she was here for more than a friendly chat. She wished that was her only reason for searching him out; she enjoyed his company and was thankful for his friendship. I actually need to talk to you about something, she told him softly. She drew in a deep breath and released it slowly. I'm not sure what has happened to Emrik; he should have been home by now, and I can't help but fear the worst. Her expression was pained as she considered that she might never see him again. For a second, she felt as though she could not move her chest to fill her lungs. She swallowed and paused a moment to compose herself. I will continue to search for him, Speedy continued. She would search for him always. But I was wondering if you could teach me a few things about self-defense. She met his gaze, anxiety swimming in the gold of her own. I just want to be able to protect myself and the children if there ever was a need. She couldn't lose them too.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
And there it was. Speedy was quick to explain herself and the reason why she came to seek him out. Not even Hiero could hide the frown that creased along his features, it was indeed very worrisome that Emrik was still away and there was no sugar coating it either anymore. Though he still had hope that the man would return any day now, he couldn't keep feeding the Chamberlain false truths. 

With a grave nod. I'd be happy to teach you a few things. Only now did he dare to offer her a small smile, an attempt to bring some light into the conversation now that it was shifting onto training instead of the ones that were missing. For the sake of sounding over protective and a worry wart, the first step to keeping yourself and your kids safe is preparation. Always have a back up plan, a safe place to meet up should you all scatter. Not every unpleasant encounter needs violence. He hoped that it would be the case for Speedy and her family should God forbid anything arise.

Now for the fun stuff. He quipped, straightening himself up and preparing for some impromptu training. I'm gonna attack you now, I'm the bad guy here, show me how you'd defend, okay? He'd go somewhat easy on the healer, at least easy enough to see what she knew already. With that said and done and a little warning to get her ready, he leaped into action. Maw poised in a mock motion to bite, an empty threat of a growl as he lunged forward.