369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Trade 
| @Speedy
| Clear
| 10PM

The Constable looked up to the stars on the cool winter night, the sky was beautiful he had to admit. It put him in a certain mood... now that things seemed to have calmed down a bit, he was no longer focussing on healing and... well, disobeying Speedy and Ira's orders to lay around and get better - ANYWAY, he was now in a mood to tell some stories. To flex his creative brain for once as opposed to the ones along his bones and tendons. 

Watching as the dragon breath smoked from his maw with every breath, he smiled to himself as his gaze continued to wander the stars for inspiration. Oh how he wished he had an audience right about now!
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The nights were the hardest now that Emrik was gone. She knew he would be back eventually, but as the weather got colder and her worry got harder to ignore, she often found herself unable to sleep. So usually once the children were curled up together and snoozing, she would go for a short walk. Never very far in case they woke, but the time alone usually helped clear her mind a little. 

She happened to find the Constable tonight, though, staring up at the sky and smiling. She couldn't help the smile that formed on her own face as she came to take a seat beside him. Hieronymous, she said softly. How are you? He seemed to be healed and getting back to his normal activity, which was good considering he didn't exactly follow her instructions.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
As the stars twinkled above, he could almost swear he saw a falling star shoot across the sky. It was brief, and he blamed the mild distraction of an approaching individual that stole his attention for a moment, but he could swear he just missed a wish.

Not expecting any company tonight, most had their children to attend to or someone to cuddle up to - and so it was a mild surprise to hear his name called out by Speedy of all people. Turning to greet the healer with a pleased, gentle smile and a wag of his tail. Splendid. He sang softly in reply. Thanks to a certain medic. With a playful bump of his shoulder against hers, he knew she would not accept the praise as usual - "it was her job" she would say, but Speedy was well deserving of all the praise she would get.

Out for a stroll in the moonlight?
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy smiled and shook her head. No need to thank me, she told him, shrugging it off as he predicted. Seeing you out and doing well is all the thanks I need. All she really wanted was for everyone to be safe and healthy, so she was happy when she could aid in that.

Yes, she answered with a small sigh. Couldn't sleep. She smiled up at him and then glanced up the sky, noting how peaceful it made her feel. What about you? Why was he out here, all alone, staring up at the sky.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Of course, she brushed it off, Speedy always did. It was a pattern at this point and it almost made him laugh, it at least brought a smile to his face as she confirmed it all almost immediately. How insulted would she be if he pointed out how she was starting to become predictable? Not wanting to insult or make the Chamberlain uncomfortable in any way, it would be his own little secret. 

I just finished a patrol and noticed how clear the sky is, thought it would be a shame to not appreciate it before going to bed. It's so inspiring. I could get lost in them just cooking up all kinds of stories. It really lets the mind wander. He sighed happily. Do you see anything up there? 

He left the question as open-ended as possible purposely, to see what kind of imagination Speedy may have. It was some quiet time, a downtime. Would she see beyond the specks of light, or just see them as they were?
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
He was taking a moment to enjoy the night sky. It made Speedy smile. She could learn a thing from him about taking time to enjoy things in life. She was a bit of a workaholic, especially now that she carried the title of Chamberlain. 

When he asked what she saw, the healer studied the clear, twinkling sky above her. Its vastness was impressive on its own. Add in the bright lights of the stars and it really was a beautiful sight. She shook her head a little and smiled, casting her gaze over to the Constable. I'm afraid I don't spend much time looking at the stars, she told him. It just looks like a bunch of random shapes to me.

She was curious, though. What do you see when you look up there? she asked. Maybe he could enlighten her some, and maybe there was a story somewhere in there too. Both would be much appreciated.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
That sounded like the usual answer that most would come up with when posed the same question. Unlike them, Hieronymous saw a million things. A million possibilities. Moments like these were rare these days when duties constantly called, puppies to watch over, borders to keep safe - but tonight, he was back to his roots. Even if it was only briefly. Seafoam eyes glittered with wonder as he looked at one certain constellation in particular. 

I see a mother and it's cub. Peeking over to see if Speedy was interested at all before continuing. I spent a lot of time traveling before coming here, there was a traveling pack of entertainers who looked to the stars and saw patterns. One, in particular, that I love most is of the mother bear and its cub. What we know as the big and little dipper.

Do you want to see them? perhaps this would take the mother's mind off of whatever was keeping sleep at bay.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
When he checked for her interest, he would certainly see it in her expression. She was thankful for the distraction and always interested to learn more about what was important to her packmates. He explained that he spent time with a pack of traveling wolves and learned of a set of stars that looked like a mother bear and her cub. 

When he asked if she was interested in seeing them, she nodded instantly. Of course, she told him with a smile. Point them out to me, and I will try to see what you see. She spent most of her time dealing in more practical matters, but even medicine required creativity at times. She could use her imagination when needed, which was usually telling stories to the children. She was sure she could use it here, though.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
She agreed to take a look through the Constable's eyes and see what he saw when looking up at the sky. He smiled and stared right ahead, to a pine that conveniently pointed to where he wanted to guide her eyes. Follow the pine's tip to the brightest star you see closest to it. He started, going slowly to give Speedy ample time to look and find what he described.

Once Speedy would declare she saw it, he moved on.There are four similar stars next to it, in a square-like shape. On the top left, a somewhat curved line... So you see her? Another pause. That's the mother. She is constantly looking for her cub, even in death she is tireless.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
As instructed, she looked over to the tall tree and ran her eyes up until they were met with the night sky. Just there was a bright star, like Hieronymous had described. Okay, she told him. I see it.

He continued, describing the four similar stars in a square pattern just next to the bright star. She nodded as he went on. Her eyes moved to the curved line, and she nodded again when he asked if she saw. I know what that feels like, she said somberly, thinking of Castor and how he had disappeared without a trace. She stared at the group of stars he had pointed out, feeling a deep sadness for the mother bear.