Haunted Wood To make myself feel better
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was immediately surprised and immensely touched by the depth of feeling Lilitu showed when she said she should stay.  She hadn't even realized that the girl might be bothered if she left, which was stupid on her part of course!  She smiled, blinking a little because it almost set her off in tears again.  Ohmg, she was an emotional mess right now.

I think I should too.  She said, feeling her stomach clench as she said it.  That was basically what she'd decided, yeah?  That it was going to come down to her staying here no matter what.  She knew how he had his heart set on the Caldera, on the den there and everything.  But with Wraen's health and her role here and everyone she cared about... it would have to wait.  She wanted a family, but not at the expense of the family she already had.

I still think it was maybe selfish to ask, but I think it's right to stay.  So I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.  She smiled, a little sad still, but definitely feeling better than when she started.  It helped having someone here who cared outside of Wraen.  She didn't know the last time she'd had that, actually, aside from Eljay.  I can't let the trolls get lonely.  And someone has to help you sing to them.  She tried to pull it back to a joke, but she leaned down and pressed her forehead to the girl's shoulder in a quiet thank you.
Messages In This Thread
To make myself feel better - by Maia - March 07, 2021, 02:31 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Lilitu - March 09, 2021, 01:51 PM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:18 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Lilitu - March 15, 2021, 11:32 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Maia - March 18, 2021, 11:33 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Lilitu - March 19, 2021, 11:15 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Maia - March 24, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Lilitu - March 30, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: To make myself feel better - by Maia - April 04, 2021, 02:49 AM