Lake Rodney what would you say if i came home now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oh.  She'd thought maybe he was okay, and while she was overall happy with it, a part of her had worried when she saw his smile.  If he was so okay and she wasn't, that would mean they were on completely different pages.  It would mean she was right, that he didn't feel the same way.  But apparently his smile was just as conflicted as hers because a moment later he'd come forward and pressed into her with a few quiet, muffled breaths that almost sounded like crying.

She wouldn't do a repeat of before.  She wasn't about to bulldoze his feelings again just to get an answer and, right now, she wasn't sure she wanted one anymore.  Not if it meant things might be over between them.  She didn't know what she could do about the situation to approach it better than she had last time, so maybe the solution was just to not approach it at all.  It didn't even cross her mind that her question had made it seem like she didn't want his input in the first place.

Instead of saying anything about that she just hugged him right back, pressing close and taking a deep breath.  For the first time, she felt a little hope that maybe she hadn't ruined everything after all... but she had messed up.  She had to make it right.

If you want to talk about it, I'm here. She said quietly, the words catching a little in her throat with the feeling.  It wasn't hard to set aside her feelings, avoid the issues, and just focus on him.  In fact, it was easier; but it also felt like it was only fair, especially after the way she'd run away before.  Promise.
Messages In This Thread
what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:06 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:40 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:57 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 05:30 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 11, 2021, 03:44 AM