Lake Rodney what would you say if i came home now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She waited for him to start in on how things were at the Caldera, maybe a little about what was going on that had him so tired last time.  She wouldn't mind listening; she spilled to Wraen all the time and liked to think her sister did the same back (though likely that wasn't the case, not nearly as frequently).  It nearly always made her feel better, and the only reason this last time it hadn't was because Wraen was a huge part of the reason why she felt so torn.  

Her heart seemed to stop when instead, he told her he loved her.  And it seemed to take a full few seconds to start up again, when it proceeded to do a fun little somersault alongside the rest of her chest.  She'd known her own feelings for a while, and could point to the exact moment it had started, but she couldn't believe he was returning the feelings now.  How?  I don't deserve it.  I ran away and I was too big a coward to come back.  You told me everything was too much and I went and piled even more on without even trying to find out why or help.

It was pretty messed up that a part of her thought she should argue with him for his own good, but it was luckily a side that was absolutely not going to win out right now.  Because even with all of that doubt, just hearing those words sent her soaring.  And that overwhelmed everything else.  I love you too, she replied, her breath hitching.  It felt nearly as good to say it as it did to hear it.

And what?  The traitor, a sneaking whisper in the beauty of the moment.  Enough?  Before she saw him and made things right, she'd been pretty much decided that the answer was no.  Now, only a few moments in, and she found she was forgetting every reason she'd had to stay away.
Messages In This Thread
what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:06 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:40 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:57 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 05:30 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 11, 2021, 03:44 AM