Lake Rodney what would you say if i came home now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She listened quietly as Eljay explained why he had changed his mind, and the reasons spoke to a lot of her own fears in moving to the Caldera.  She'd felt a little out of place there too, and while she'd wondered if she couldn't form friendships there, it was hard to leave a place where you had those connections for a place that held no guarantees.  

All of her worry was replaced as he went on and instead she just felt a huge amount of pride for him.  It was really hard to stand up for what you think you deserve.  Maia knew how hard that was; she'd never done it.  

He mattered so much and she was glad that he could see it.  I do.  She responded softly, want them, I mean.  I... it's kind of, a little, why I said yes to leading.  She'd wanted to try it, sure, but because she thought if she proved she was enough, they could.  Maia knew Wraen probably would have let her regardless, but she'd needed to prove it to herself too.  She wasn't sure she had yet.

You deserve the world, Eljay.  She added with a glowing smile that he likely couldn't see.  She couldn't believe this was happening.  You're my family, always, just as much as them.  I love you so much.  She hesitated, wondering.  But it felt so right to do this now, and she couldn't stop herself.  I... I'd love to make it official.  If you, maybe, wanted?

They were moving in together and talking pups, and maybe she should wait until he'd lived there a while and see if he changed his mind.  But she didn't want to.  She was tired of waiting, tired of putting her own life on hold as well, though it was a late start of her own making.  Somehow Eljay had chosen her, out of all wolves, and Maia was never ever going to take that for granted.
Messages In This Thread
what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:06 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:40 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:57 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 05:30 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 11, 2021, 03:44 AM