Lake Rodney what would you say if i came home now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
When Eljay looked at her, there was a stark weariness in his face that brought her swiftly down to the reality of what he'd just gone through.  She was absolutely thrilled because he was here with her and wouldn't be leaving... and she'd missed their quiet nights and mornings most of all.  But he'd just decided to leave behind a family, and even though she didn't feel at home there, she tried to imagine what it would have been like the other way.  It wasn't hard; she'd been a mess over it for weeks.

Yeah, definitely.  Mates.  She felt her stomach flutter at the thought.  Maia Blackthorn, she said quietly, then blushed, ducking her muzzle and then reaching out to press her cheek to his.  Some wolves might have hesitated to give up their family name, but in many ways Maia was entirely traditional.  She'd dreamed of this for far too long to ever worry about something like her parents' legacy or her own independence.  She was too over the moon that anytime she introduced herself, they'd know that she was his, no matter what.  And, no matter what the future held, they were family.  Even if he changes his mind.

C'mon.  I know a great spot where we can hide for a nap.  She pulled away, smiling.  They could worry about introductions and all later.  For now she would lead and slip him quietly in.  Hopefully after some rest he'd feel a little better and, if he still wanted to stay, she could show him around their new home.  Officially this time.
Messages In This Thread
what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 09:53 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 10:47 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:06 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:33 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 01:40 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 01:57 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 10, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Maia - March 10, 2021, 05:30 PM
RE: what would you say if i came home now - by Eljay - March 11, 2021, 03:44 AM