Broken Antler Fen Had to have high hopes for a livin
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
tag is for reference, though any are welcome!

Well, she'd done it again, hadn't she? Bridget shook out her coat, watching a few golden hairs float and land on the ground. Her winter coat was shedding and it always seemed to itch worst around the time the rains started. Seemed like she was going to be in luck, though... the sky was definitely threatening a storm and she could taste the energy in the air.

She did have a habit of jumping before she looked. Kept life interesting and made sure she never regretted much, but shit. This was complicated? She wasn't sure what @Teya expected or even wanted from her now, despite their continued friendship. They hadn't really gotten to that part, she remembered with a small (but satisfied) smile.

It wasn't like she needed to define it. Usually others felt differently, though, and not being on the "same page" had caused a slew of hurt feelings in the past. Maybe she should bring it up. Not for the first time, Bridget silently lamented her friend's lack of open communication. It wasn't her fault, and Bridget would love to get teeth into that "family" of hers, but it was as maddening as it was intriguing.

The medic leaned in on a tree and let the rough bark comb through her fur, rubbing her shoulder roughly to ease a deep-seated itch there. Now that hit the spot. She rolled more of her back into it and sighed, pelt now littered with bark bits, but some of the itchiness gone for now.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Hi!

Jasper had only recently joined this pack. He knew that in those first weeks a good impression was key. When he had been a teenager he had not shown his good side, mainly because he hadn't wanted to leave the pack his parents and him had been living before. It had backfired, and caused his nomadic parents to find another pack they could join with briefly in exchange for medical knowledge. It had been a wise lesson then. Now feeling much older, and wiser, Jasper didn't want to slouch. He wanted to say hi at least to most of the members.

Luckily for him, he didn't need to search for a long time. He saw a female rubbing herself against a tree. She had his tones in fur coloring, which was something he had rarely seen. Only where his coat would range to browns hers were moving in the reddish range. Jasper sounded a chuff in greeting, to let the other know he was there. He hadn't been that quiet, and his scent was probably still a bit different, but the last thing he wanted was to come over as a trespasser. He wasn't sure how much this pack communicated.

"Hello," he greeted kindly, his tail wagging over his hocks. "I just came over to introduce myself. I'm Jasper, recently accepted in this pack by Wraen," he explained. His eyes fell on the bark in her golden plucks of fur and had to smile a bit, glad to be rid of that itch. He had already shed most of his winter fluff, luckily.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
hey hi!!!

An unfamiliar chuff interrupted her and she paused mid-scratch to give the guy a casual side eye. Oh, hey! That's good She called out, jokingly friendly. If you were trespassing, I'd have given you like a... 10 second head start while I got this itch here.

She laughed, then stretched her neck muscles while she backed away from the tree and gave a last scratch with a hind leg. Her pelt was so irritatingly thick and shedding season was literally the worst.

I'm Bridget, somewhat medic here, not that it's been needed. Not that I mind! What do you think so far? She liked the peace but she wondered what his take was on the pack so far. He seemed friendly enough!
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper had to laugh at that comment. She had humor that was for sure. The male kept the grin on his face. "I would have gladly made use of that," he returned playfully. He stepped closer, curiously taking in her scent. Just so he got familiar with her. "Though it must feel good to have that tree scratch it," he told her.

"Nice to meet you, Bridget," he hummed. "Oh, nice. My parents were medics," he told her. He himself was not too inclined to follow the medical path, he felt that wasn't his passion. "It is wonderful really. My father lived in a wetland when he was young. Had his own pack. This territory reminds me of his stories. I really like it so far," he smiled. "How did you come to join this pack?," he asked.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
You have no idea, Bridget answered with obvious feeling. Normally she loved her pelt but the transition from winter to summer was always a rough time. She could leave her own clouds behind but something told her @Teya might appreciate if she kept the bulk of her shedding out of their space.

Unless you want to try it out? She stepped aside, opening the invite alongside an easy smile as she thought about his question. It was nice to hear his family had a history in her profession; maybe he'd even know a trick or two she could learn. It was because of a friend, actually. Our old pack didn't make it and he came down this way, discovered this place. He isn't here anymore, but Teya and I liked it well enough to stick around.

So, did you show up here just based on old stories? Bold choice. She laughed, secretly hoping he had a story more interesting than her own.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper liked the easy smile that turned on her maw. It made her whole face lit up. He politely shook his head. He didn't feel the need to have a lot of bark and other pieces in his fur. His fur had already shedded into his summer coat. "But I will remind the tip for next year," he commented with a charming grin.

"That is a good way of joining a pack, then you at least already know someone," he returned. He liked it here so far as well. The female then asked him something which was almost spot on. "Guilty," he laughed. "I came to inspect it, respectfully of course," he assured her. "Then Wraen found me and managed to make me join," he smiled.

He did thought about her next words though. "Not sure why that is a bold move? Maybe joining a pack is a big deal for some but not for me. My parents were nomads, so while growing up we stayed in a lot of different packs, their medical knowledge in exchange for food and a place to sleep. So I've seen quite a few, been in quite a few packs with all sorts of customs," she explained to her. "I got a good feeling from Brecheliant so I decided why not!"
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Look at you, Mr. Well Traveled, Bridget teased, laughing. He was right in that joining a pack wasn't a huge deal, but the way he said it tickled her. There was a time, as a kid, when she'd have loved to have parents like that. Hers had never traveled, though, and until leaving for good, she'd never even ventured out of the Court. Not with permission, at least, and never too far.

When you join knowing you want to stick around for a while, it makes it a bit bigger of a choice, yeah? She was definitely poking a little fun with that, since he hadn't said he didn't intend to. The way he said it definitely allowed for the assumption though. Nomads. That's pretty cool. What's the most memorable pack you joined? Any wild customs?