Redhawk Caldera Your lessers' will hunt you down
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
The man spoke like a tactician, which was promising. They could use another mercenary right now, with Towhee out of commission and Reyes so often occupied by hunting for his new family. Though as he continued on about restless nights and the constant threat of death looming, Rue couldn't help but notice that he sounded like a man on the run. She tilted her head as she contemplated. Was there something-- or someone-- specific he was fleeing? She doubted that he would tell her even if she asked directly. People who were running from things were generally trying to put said things behind them.

Even if he was on the run, that did not trouble Ruenna overmuch. Had not she herself been fleeing, when she arrived on Liri's border all those years ago? If Sifaka needed their protection, it would be given, provided he pulled his weight and made himself worth the trouble. Risk and reward, indeed. 

He had phrased his last comment as a question, and so Rue felt compelled to provide some kind of response. She drew in a breath, considering. "I don't suppose I see it that way," she said carefully, after a thoughtful moment. "..Pack life isn't.. it isn't a gamble, for me. I've found that I get out of it exactly as much as I put in." Ruenna was a hard worker and a loyal packmate, and time and time again her leaders had taken notice and honored her. Promotions, leadership and advisory positions, and most recently, parenthood (or aunthood, in any case) all jumped readily to mind.
Messages In This Thread
Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - April 10, 2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Ruenna - April 13, 2021, 05:05 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - April 16, 2021, 09:38 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Ruenna - April 18, 2021, 11:19 AM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - April 22, 2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Ruenna - April 26, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - April 26, 2021, 03:37 PM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Ruenna - April 27, 2021, 10:10 AM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - April 29, 2021, 12:01 AM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Ruenna - May 06, 2021, 11:49 AM
RE: Your lessers' will hunt you down - by Sifaka - May 21, 2021, 07:21 PM