Broken Antler Fen I could fight forever, but life's too short
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,530 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
That was one way to do it. She could let them deal on their own time. Maia thought about it, but not for long. She couldn't do that. She knew she was going to have to at least try her best to fix this even if she was doomed to fail. She couldn't bring their mom back but she could be there for them no matter what.

Her eyes welled up again without warning when Eljay insisted that they'd do it together. You're amazing, she replied thickly, then had to collect herself for a second. They'll be fine. I don't think I could let anyone else have them. They need us so much, and it's a lot, but I... need it too. She admitted, thinking of them. Unlike Eljay, she hadn't even considered the ill effects on Hymnal and Sylvie. Her thoughts had been on how quickly she'd come to accept them as part of their family and a slight, guilty feeling again that anything good could come of all of this tragedy.

That was enough about her though. Maia lifted a foreleg to try and scrub some of the tears from her face, then, for the first time in a while, actually took a good look at her mate. How are, I mean... how is everything? With you? She was almost shy asking it because it called her out as not doing it sooner and, even though she knew him, she half expected him to be rightfully upset about that.

He's Auspex now, she realized with a start. She'd forgotten actually. Before all of this, a part of her might have been upset that she'd not even been asked, but now she couldn't feel anything but proud of him and worried that it might all be a lot for him. He seemed so strong; had that been how he'd been in the Caldera? How was he really?
Messages In This Thread
I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - June 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - July 02, 2021, 09:12 AM