Redhawk Caldera It's uphill for oddities
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Just going to assume @Towhee is recovering in the Hobbit Hole? Poke me if I'm wrong about that.

The voices outside the Hobbit Hole (Towhee's old whelping den, which was currently functioning as her recovering-from-a-snakebite den) drew Ruenna attention, particularly once Sphyra's high-pitched, suspicious tone met her ears. Rue limped toward the den to witness, once again, Bridget being confronted by her packmates. 

Oh no. Over Rue's dead body. She'd just managed to smooth things over from the last time one of Towhee's progeny got a little too trigger-happy. Thank the stars Sphyra wasn't big enough to do actual damage, should she decide she didn't like the look of the Brecheliant medic. 

"Bridget is from a pack called Brecheliant, Sphyra. Brecheliant wolves are our allies, which means we're all friends." Ruenna offered the explanation to the child in a raised voice, as she hobbled over to the group. In Rue's opinion, Towhee's oldest daughter could also use a refresher of this particular lesson.

Once she was near enough to speak comfortably, her words addressed Bridget.

"Leaving in a bit of a rush is an understatement for what happened, I think. I'm very sorry for your reception, last time. I'm Ruenna Redfern, one of the Regents here." Rue didn't want to dwell on the unpleasant encounter, since she'd promised Teya it would be forgotten, but Rue still felt Bridget was owed some kind of apology. If Bridget had made it this far into the territory, that meant she had gotten by Fennec already, which boded well. If things were patched up with Fennec, Bridget was already over the biggest hurdle. 

"You are welcome to visit with Towhee. She's inside." Rue gestured toward the opening of the Hobbit Hole. "She's weak, but recovering, I think." Rue wasn't a medic, but in her opinion Towhee seemed to be getting better. "Maybe Sphyra can take you to her?" Rue assumed Sphyra would want to be in a position to keep an eye on the outsider. 

Rue's eye caught Azon's, and she gave him a small nod with a knowing look. Once Bridget was inside the Hobbit Hole, she would fill him in on the particulars of what had happened the last time Bridget visited their territory.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
It's uphill for oddities - by Bridget - July 08, 2021, 02:50 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Sphyra - July 08, 2021, 03:52 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Bridget - July 08, 2021, 08:31 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Āzon - July 08, 2021, 09:33 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Sphyra - July 13, 2021, 07:29 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Bridget - July 13, 2021, 05:00 PM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Ruenna - July 13, 2021, 06:07 PM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Caracal - July 14, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Bridget - July 23, 2021, 02:05 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Āzon - July 24, 2021, 12:05 AM
RE: It's uphill for oddities - by Sphyra - July 27, 2021, 07:41 AM