Broken Antler Fen Me, in NY? Ah, I own that city - FUGGEDABOUDIT!
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia stayed where she was, content to keep Lilitu embraced until she seemed to have enough of it. More than anything, she hated the thought that any of Ibis' children would feel cut off from Brecheliant or like they had no one who cared about them here. There was something really special about knowing there was always a place, no matter what, where you could go and be welcome. Even if they decided to end up elsewhere down the line.

Maia listened and couldn't help glancing up at the sky as she did. My mom and dad used to talk about them. But some of my favorite stories came from a friend. He used to live on the mountains, up near the stars, and we used to talk about the wolves who lived up there, who burned silver and so bright we could see them all the way down here. She slipped into the story almost without realizing it.

I think he's up there now, and any other wolves who decide to stay there and keep watch. Maybe they were the ones you were following. Maybe your mom was one of them.. She thought it, but she didn't want to say it outright. It felt wrong, assuming she'd want to think that her mom had led her back to here. It was better to let her decide if she wanted to imagine her mom among the stars or if, maybe, there was someplace better she'd gone in the end. Maybe it was mom, or Dad, or Sarah, or Terance... or even Wraen. It wasn't hard to imagine any of them made of starlight.
Messages In This Thread
Me, in NY? Ah, I own that city - FUGGEDABOUDIT! - by Lilitu - December 14, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Me, in NY? Ah, I own that city - FUGGEDABOUDIT! - by Maia - January 08, 2022, 12:15 PM