Redsand Canyon I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Malila spoke her praise sweetly, and despite the playfulness in her tone Ruenna couldn't help but feel like she was being buttered up. She and Germanicus were the most powerful couple in Mereo, but that certainly did not make them the best. Perhaps one as young as Malila would not see the difference.. or perhaps her words truly were just meant to be flattering. 

Malila thought she was a medic? 

"I've picked up a trick or two over the years, but I am no medic." As for Mereo's needs, Ruenna would note, "Aquene meets Mereo's medical needs right now, but I cannot predict what Mereo will need in the future." This was why Ruenna was keen for Malila to marry now and continue her studies. She could serve a present need while preparing to serve a possible future need. 

Malila revealed that she was happiest when she was studying plants, and Ruenna gave a sympathetic expression. Spending large amounts of time immersed in plants might be fine for a pup, but a grown woman would have other responsibilities. Perhaps Malila had been indulged too much as a child, and this was why she was having a hard time swallowing the dose of reality that Ruenna provided. 

Many more questions came, and rapidly. Ruenna focused on the ones that seemed most pressing.

"It is mandatory for civilians to serve a need in Mereo. The way I see it, the only need that an untrained and unskilled woman can immediately fill is the need for a soldier to have a wife. However, if you think you can serve a present need in a different way, I would be interested to hear it." Ruenna was open to her mind being changed; she would welcome the chance to be proven wrong. 

What if the men did not express interest? Ruenna stifled a chuckle. 

"Many men do not know their own interests, until a women makes the suggestion. With Germanicus and I, it was I who first expressed interest." The small disclosure was offered in a conspiratorial manner. Would Malila find that tidbit interesting?

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose. - by Ruenna - February 03, 2022, 09:05 PM