Panther Park I've got this sentimental heart that beats
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Private 
for @Lane
no rush! whenever you have time <3

Night had fallen soon after they had descended from the mountains into a snow-covered valley. They had been traveling all day, and it would be safer to stop for the night and pick up again in the morning. Plus, he figured they could both use some rest. 

There was a cave at the base of the mountain that seemed like the perfect place for them to camp for the night. Tuulu slowed to a stop near the opening and nipped at the side of Lane's neck. Kuulti, he murmured. We should stop here for the night; the cave will be warmer inside. The cold didn't bother him at all, but he worried it might affect her more. 

In the morning, we can hunt and then start traveling again.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
A rest was exactly what Lane needed.

She shivered, although it was anyone's guess as to whether her chills were from the cold or Tuuluuwaq nipping at her neck. 

"I can think of a way to warm it up," she teased, flashing a coy smile before she ducked inside. 

Tuulu wanted to eat in the morning, and then hit the road again. 

"It's a date," Lane agreed, settling herself inside the cozy chamber. The fit would be a little tight for the two of them, but Lane would not mind snuggling up close.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuulu grinned at her playful words and nipped at her thigh when she turned to enter the cave. He followed right behind her and once she had settled he scrunched in behind her and wrapped his body around hers. 

He nipped and nuzzled her neck. Maybe now we will be able to have more of them, he said into her fur. He had enjoyed their time traveling, even with the worrisome conversation with Laurel. It was easy to push his anxieties from his mind when he had Lane all to himself. 

I would also like to get to know your son and daughter better, Tuulu added. He was serious about his feelings for her, and her children were important. Now that things would be calmer, he could devote time to spend with Veteran and Wayfarer, if they were receptive of course.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
“Mmm, I hope so,” Lane agreed, snuggling against his downy coat.

Her ears lifted when he mentioned her children. 

“I would like that too,” Lane confirmed. Of course she hoped that Tuuluuwaq and her children would get along. She did not say so aloud, but she was not sure how much longer she would be able to keep the kids with her in the packlands. They both had some of their mom’s wanderlust, and especially given her rocky relationship with Wayfarer, Lane wondered if one or more of her children may take the opportunity to disperse when they came of age. 

All the more reason to spend time with them now. “Moonglow is the last pack we need to visit, but maybe we can go later, after we get to the Summit? I could ask Veteran and Wayfarer if they want to come with us to Moonglow.” Lane felt like she hardly knew her kids herself these days-- they could all use a little vacation and bonding time, she thought.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Lane's idea to take her son and daughter to Moonglow with them made him smile. I like that plan, he told her. It would almost be like they were a family, except Tuulu would never try to replace their father. He would settle for just being friends with them. 

He ran his nose through the fur of her neck and drew in her scent. His heart felt like it might explode with how how much he felt for Lane. It had been hard not to ask her to be his mate, especially after the beta conversation they had before they left. But he didn't want it to just be a random conversation. She deserved something special, which meant it would have to wait until they arrived at their new home. 

Do you want more children? He asked after a few moments. Having kids had not been on the Tatkret's mind until recently. He often found himself imagining what it would be like if they had their own family in the spring—if they had plenty of prey and things were calmer than they had been at the glacier, of course. He was nervous to hear her answer. He and Lane had never discussed this before, and he wondered if there was a reason for that.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
It was the question that everyone was asking, so Lane shouldn't have been surprised when Tuulu asked too. 

Lane swallowed thickly. Each time she was asked, she wasn't sure how to answer. The question felt especially loaded this time, because it was Tuulu doing the asking. 

"I don't know." Lane finally squeaked out. She searched his face, seeking comfort. Reassurance. Some sign that he wasn't disappointed in her. 

She felt like she needed to explain, and she searched for the words. "I wouldn't trade Veteran and Wayfarer for anything, but last season.. I wasn't trying to be a mother. ..I made a mistake. That mistake sort of.. clouded the whole experience. I don't feel like I've been a great mom to them, and I promise you that Wayfarer would agree with that." Lane huffed a wry laugh. 

"I don't really know how I would feel about it if things were different. Like, if I had a mate, or... or something like that." Ah, there it was, the subject they continued to dance around. Lane's gaze drifted off.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Her answer was very Lane, as was the searching look she gave him after her admission. She always seemed so confident and sure, but with him, she seemed to need assurance that he accepted her for who she was. He would offer her that reassurance as often as she needed it. She would find only thoughtful curiosity on his face. 

She continued, expanding on her previous answer. He didn't think she had ever really told him of the events leading up to her children being born. Hearing that it had been a mistake made him frown—not because he judged her for it, but because he didn't like hearing that things had been difficult for her last spring. He also didn't think he would call her a bad mother. I do not know about that, he said gently. Veteran seems to be growing into a good young man. From what the Tatkret could tell anyway. As for Lane's daughter, well he didn't know much about her at all. I think you are being to hard on yourself. He brushed his nose along her cheek. He had no frame of reference here, being that he was not a parent himself. He felt like anything he could offer would seem like a platitude. 

She brought up the subject of mates. He wondered if she had considered him for a potential mate. Surely she had considering the whole reason for courting was to eventually take that step. I would be honored to have you as my mate and the mother of my children, he told her, honest as always. It is something I have thought of often. I would just like to ask you properly if that is okay. She deserved that. If that is something that you want, he added, wanting to make sure she didn't feel pressured or obligated.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane smiled. Veteran was certainly turning into a young man that a mother could take pride in, but he was the kind of child who would have thrived regardless of his parenting. She felt that her difficulties with Wayfarer were much more indicative of her true parenting ability, but then Tuuluuwaq could be right-- that could just be Lane being hard on herself. 

It was difficult for her to think otherwise, when half of her children were consistently sending the message that she had failed. 

Lane's eyes widened when Tuuluuwaq proposed mateship. Or no.. as she listened longer, it seemed that he was proposing a proposal. Humor snuck into her expression, pulling at the corner of her mouth. "You have permission to ask me, if that's what you're requesting," Lane agreed teasingly. She swiped her tongue across his nose playfully. 

Her expression softened. "Yes, that's what I would want."  She hadn't known it really, not until she heard herself saying it out loud. Whether they would or wouldn't have kids this year could be decided later, but she did know for certain that if she had any more, she would want to share them with Tuuluuwaq. She wanted to share everything with Tuuluuwaq.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
A grin spread across the northerner's face at her words. He knew they had something deep growing between them, but he hadn't been sure of her feelings on taking a mate, courting or not. 

I am glad, he murmured, planting kisses along her jaw. He was unable to keep from touching her now more than ever. His heart was light and excitement spread through his veins. He hadn't come here with the plan of finding someone to spend his life with, but then he had met Lane and knew that she was special. How anyone else had ever failed to see that, he had no idea. Her light had been obvious to him from that first day on the borders. He had been uncertain and feral then, but she and Isso had helped him find who he was. 

When we are home and settled, I will surprise you, he promised. His mind was full of different ideas, but he knew that a gift would be involved. He peppered more kisses along her jaw and down her neck, pulling in her scent; he liked the way it was mixed with his.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
If you tell me you're going to surprise me, then it's not a surprise, Lane almost argued. But then he was kissing his way down her neck, and his breath on nape erased all thoughts from her mind, teasing or otherwise. 

Lane sank into him, lifting her chin to give him greater access to her throat. She heaved a great, happy sigh, tail thumping as she enjoyed his touch.

When she could no longer stand achingly slow foreplay, a needy growl rumbled in her throat. She turned herself into Tuuluuwaq and pressed against him, signalling her desire. 

The pair would then welcome nightfall with a passion that burned well into the early hours of the morning.