Redhawk Caldera There'll be days you need me by your side
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia nodded in full agreement. Of course the sentiment made her just as sad as expected, but it didn't make her shut down like it might have a year ago. She still had a few sisters out there, somewhere, and even if she never saw them again she appreciated that she might someday. Even the possibility was worth it despite everything her family had lost. She wondered what Cass was like nowadays and if she'd found herself a family too. Maia hoped so.

Hymnal's next words were pretty effective at sidelining that train of thought completely, though! Maia wasn't entirely surprised and, while the thought of Hymnal leaving even for a little while made her sad, she knew she would never try to keep her here. Hymnal was right around the age Maia had been when she left home and she deserved the chance to see other places and make new friends. She was happy, though, that her daughter was so adamant about not staying away for long. She was going to miss her so much!!

Don't worry, sweetheart. I would never think it was because of that. She leaned over and gave her a kiss on her temple. When I left home, I was so worried that my dad and mom would be upset. I was your age, too. They knew, though, and so do I, that it's important sometimes to know some of the world. If you want to go see it then I think that's amazing. I'm absolutely going to need you to come back soon, though, and at least tell me all about what you find. Her voice was light but her eyes were full of slightly deeper feeling.

Was it this hard for Dante and Osprey, when she had this conversation? It must have been. She had never made it back to share, with her parents, how her life changed. Maia would never not regret that and she would do everything in her power to make sure her own children didn't have to worry about feeling that way. She and Eljay would always be here for them, no matter what.
Messages In This Thread
There'll be days you need me by your side - by Maia - April 11, 2022, 10:00 AM
RE: There'll be days you need me by your side - by Maia - April 12, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: There'll be days you need me by your side - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 11:46 AM