Redtail Rise i am sometimes more doubt than man
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Arielle noticed the shift in her husband's mood immediately; she could tell he felt better, the farther away they were from the valley. She was beyond relieved. He had even started to groom himself, which she would help if he allowed it at any point. he brought her food and started to take care of her, which was a welcome change. She hadn't even realized how much she needed that from him until she had it, probably because she hadn't let herself think about it. 

To some extent, she was feeling better about leaving, but there was still a gnawing fear in her heart. She had abandoned the bear—she was a traitor. Arielle worried what the price would be for her betrayal. But, it was easier to push that darkness to the back of her mind when she could see how much it positively affected her husband to be away from bearclaw.

She was grareful for the uneventful journey, too. She still had only a fraction of the energy she once had, and she could hardly stay awake most times they stopped to take a break. 

She stood quietly at Aves' side when they arrived, tired and nauseous. She had carried the most important plants with her in a little pouch made from rabbit pelt. The loss of her work in mosskeep was not something she would get over very easily. She had to leave all of her tonics behind for lack of a good way to carry them. She had something for her upset stomach in her medicine pouch, but she wanted to find a place to settle first before taking it, mostly because she wanted to sleep as well. 

Aves called for an audience, and she waited silently, nerves making her chest tighten a little. She had no idea how this pack would react to her presence here, but she knew she needed to make the best of it.
Messages In This Thread
i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - May 27, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - May 27, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - May 28, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - May 29, 2022, 04:47 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - May 30, 2022, 01:59 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - June 01, 2022, 08:31 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Cyril - June 01, 2022, 10:47 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - June 03, 2022, 12:37 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - June 03, 2022, 04:55 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - June 03, 2022, 06:45 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - June 07, 2022, 02:49 PM