Lion Head Mesa pestilence
Muat-riya
Sesh
662 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
it was sayyadina who found maegi there. she had run to tell tavina, to say that the smell of blood was dark and filling the air.

tavina turned to little nazli. "take your brother. fetch water to this room." she motioned to the neat examination space. maegi had been here too many times. "get the cloths ready. and let no one inside." the sesh was grateful that the children of jawahir were present to help. and they would remain present. young fellahin were not sheltered as were the offspring of kings and queens.

and nobles.

she herself carefully measured out poppies. maegi had asked for them the night before and she would want them now. poor, miserable jade. what sort of life had she led to receive so many blows. she hurried through the halls and out of the mesa, sayyadina close behind. 

they found maegi weakened and with that flat glitter that tavina had come to know. two children suckled at her breast. for now, each of them breathed. she had not yet examined them; her focus was maegi. the sesh cleared her throat, trying to draw the nebet's eyes toward her. "look at me. hey. we're going to take you inside now, okay?" she would carry one child and sayyadina would bear the other. "come on," she coaxed, reaching out with her obsidian muzzle. "i know you didn't want this, maegi. but i'm not leaving you here. come on. get up."

tavina knew never to move a mother in such a state. but they had no choice. it would be a long walk back to the palace steps with how far from them they were.
Messages In This Thread
pestilence - by Maegi - June 06, 2022, 09:10 PM
RE: pestilence - by Tavina - June 07, 2022, 09:11 AM
RE: pestilence - by Maegi - June 07, 2022, 10:13 AM
RE: pestilence - by Tavina - June 07, 2022, 10:23 AM
RE: pestilence - by Maegi - June 07, 2022, 10:28 AM
RE: pestilence - by Tavina - June 07, 2022, 10:49 AM
RE: pestilence - by Maegi - June 08, 2022, 11:08 AM
RE: pestilence - by Tavina - June 14, 2022, 02:47 PM
RE: pestilence - by Maegi - June 21, 2022, 02:31 PM
RE: pestilence - by Tavina - June 21, 2022, 07:53 PM